NEW YORK, Oct. 11, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The 4A's, the leading trade association representing the advertising agency business, will host its sixth annual CreateTech conference Nov. 9-10, 2016, in New York City. At this event, advertising professionals will discuss and celebrate the role of technology in the industry—specifically how design is shaping the future of the business.
CreateTech, dubbed the "Conference for the Seriously Curious," will bring together creative digital professionals—from both inside and outside the advertising industry—for panel discussions, keynote speakers and networking opportunities. With this year's theme of "design and the future of advertising," CreateTech speakers will focus on current successes in design and brand experience and on stimulating future design practices and innovations.
This year CreateTech will also feature exhibitors demonstrating virtual reality, augmented reality and artificial intelligence technologies, including a hands-on workshop led by Decoded about how to build a simple AI bot.
"As the advertising industry evolves on a daily basis, it is being massively shaped by technology—from AI to design," said Chick Foxgrover, 4A's chief digital officer. "This conference is one of the best forums for advertising professionals who want to understand what is, and what will soon be, shaping the industry from a technology perspective. By catching a glimpse of what's coming down the pipeline, executives can be ahead of the curve in applying new technologies to their businesses—and to their advantage."
CreateTech speakers include:
- Catharine Findiesen Hays, executive director of the Wharton School's Future of Advertising (WFoA) Program, will open the conference with insights from her book Beyond Advertising: Creating Value Through All Customer Touchpoints.
- Kamakshi Sivaramakrishnan, founder and CEO, Drawbridge, will tell us why science and mathematics are the foundations of building industries.
- Leland Maschmeyer, chief creative officer at Chobani, will highlight his experiences rebranding companies through the intersection of design, technology and systems.
- Colin O'Donnell, chief innovation officer at Intersection, will pinpoint the five most influential technologies on everyday lives and explore how leaders can leverage these innovations to shape the future.
- Kim Dunbar, digital agency lead, IBM Watson partner program, will talk with Jason Jercinovic, global head of marketing innovation at Havas, about using cognitive technology to transform business.
- Sydney Skybetter, founding partner at Edwards & Skybetter, will use his multifaceted experiences in choreography, change management and technology to highlight the future of experience design.
For the full list of speakers at CreateTech 2016, please visit createtech.aaaa.org/speakers.
CreateTech 2016 will be held at Convene at 32 Old Slip in New York City. For further details, agenda and registration information, please visit createtech.aaaa.org.
About 4A's CreateTech
The 4A's founded the CreateTech conference in 2010 to provide a forum for technologists primarily working in advertising, but it is also for anyone with a technology background who works in a creative enterprise. Speakers come from both inside and outside the advertising industry, and the CreateTech audience is made up of professionals in advertising and other tech-driven creative fields, such as digital strategy, interactive experience or product design and other industries.
About the 4A's
The 4A's is the catalyst for bringing together the right people in the right place at the right time to address the advertising industry's most critical business issues. The 4A's provides leadership, advocacy, guidance and community to its members and the industry at large, with proprietary access to the people, information and tools needed to make smarter management decisions. Its mission is to help agencies become more successful. Visit the 4A's at www.aaaa.org.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/4as-sixth-annual-createtech-conference-challenges-ad-execs-to-explore-the-impact-of-design-on-the-future-of-advertising-300342140.html