RIDGEWOOD, N.J., Oct. 7, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Wishful thinking that your baby's internal clock will adjust as quickly as your iPhone. When the clock falls back 1 hour on November 6th be prepared with a clear plan from certified sleep consultants at Dream Baby Sleep™. Follow these simple steps to help your child adjust to the time change and prevent sleep regressions.
Sign up for our blog to receive real life solutions to everyday infant & toddler sleep challenges. http://dreambabysleep.com/blog/
5 Step Daylight Savings Sleep Plan:
- Identify the type of child you have. How do they adapt when they miss a nap or bedtime is too late? If they turn into a hot mess when sleep is off start 9 days before the time change. If they are very adaptable and don't seem to skip a beat on an off sleep day start the day before.
- Start the shift slowly. 9 days before daylight savings, start shifting your child's nap & bedtime schedule later by 15 minutes every 3 days.
- Adopt the new clock immediately. As soon as the clock officially falls back we need to work off the new clock right away. Don't make the mistake of calculating what bedtime would have been yesterday. The sooner we use the new clock the easier everyone will adjust.
- Use Black out shades. As the light creeps in earlier in the morning this is an important step to help prevent early rising. Check out cool products on our website for a temporary room darkening solution.
- Set awake for the day no earlier than 6 AM. Wait to get your baby until 6 AM the new time on the day of the change and each day after if they rise early. If you're consistent with 6 AM awake for the day early rising will resolve itself. (A toddler clock for ages 2 and older is a great tool to reinforce this skill)
Following these easy steps and exposing your children to as much natural light as possible the days immediately following the time change will help naturally reset their internal clocks. Dream Baby Sleep™ offers customized sleep consulting solutions for tired families Nationwide.
Dream Baby Sleep™ is a loving group of certified sleep consultants who are teaching families how to create and maintain healthy sleep for their infants & toddlers. Our diverse education and team dynamic empowers us to customize a plan catered to your family's personal needs. By studying the temperament of your baby, parenting style and family dynamic we're able to draw from all sleep training methods available to create success for your family. www.dreambabysleep.com
Dream Baby Sleep
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/5-easy-sleep-tips-to-help-parents-conquer-daylight-savings-300341124.html
SOURCE Dream Baby Sleep