NEW YORK, April 13 /PRNewswire/ -- If there was ever a question whether screen queen Meryl Streep has still got it — cast it aside. According to The Effects of Menopause on the Skin, a new survey of women 50 years of age and older, 46 percent singled out Streep as the celebrity who best personifies "50 + Fabulous." NBC's TODAY Show host Kathie Lee Gifford took the first runner- up spot, followed by other Hollywood big wigs: Sigourney Weaver, Madonna, Helen Mirren and Kim Cattrall.
Other findings of the survey, sponsored by Vichy Laboratoires, show that out of 686 women surveyed over the age of 50:
- 82 percent reported that they experienced changes in the appearance of their skin, including increased dryness, increased wrinkles and a sagging neck once they entered menopause
- 53 percent reported that the most common issue they faced after entering menopause was dry skin, followed closely by an increase in wrinkles and a sagging neck
- 67 percent reported that entering menopause caused them to change their beauty routine by purchasing new skincare and color cosmetic products to address these issues.
After discovering that 40 million women over the age of 50 experience accelerated skin sagging caused by menopause, Vichy Laboratoires created the Vichy NEOVADIOL Gf collection to specifically address the needs of women experiencing the effects of hormonal slowdown due to menopause by stimulating the synthesis of growth factors (essential proteins naturally produced by the skin).
- NEOVADIOL Gf Day (for normal to combination skin AND also available for dry skin), $48.00, 1.7 oz.: This densifying resculpting care immediately reconstructs the epidermal barrier directly upon contact for softer skin
- NEOVADIOL Gf Night, $51.00, 1.7 oz.: Enriched with micro-stimulating Phytodoline to help reduce impression wrinkles formed while you sleep, NEOVADIOL Gf Night is a densifying resculpting cream to reinforce night drainage of tissues
These findings are from a telephone survey conducted among 686 female adults over the age of 50. Interviewing for this survey was completed during the period February 26 – 28, 2010. Opinion Research Corporation of Princeton, NJ, conducted the fieldwork.
Vichy is the #1 skincare brand in European pharmacies. Vichy Laboratoires is dedicated to advancing skin health through a deep understanding of how skin functions, supported by medical research. With patented ingredients combined with Vichy Thermal Spa Water enriched with rare minerals, Vichy skincare products deliver an exceptionally high level of efficacy, clinically proven by independent dermatologists. Vichy products are available in Dermatological Skincare Centers, with trained beauty advisors, in top CVS/pharmacy and Duane Reade as well as www.vichyusa.com.