LONDON, July 7, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- This report analyzes broadband service providers' wireless service strategies surrounding the development of fifth-generation mobile network technology as well as network densification efforts using a combined fixed and wireless infrastructure to deliver fast and reliable communications services to consumers. In particular, the report explores Wi-Fi's roles in consumer voice and data communications and Wi-Fi strategies for mobile operators and cablecos. The report concludes with five-year forecasts of global mobile broadband users and wireless data revenues.
1.0 Report Summary
Purpose of Report
The mobile industry is planning to build its next generation network to accommodate ever increasing consumer demand for data and industrial demand for more intelligent connectivity solutions and networks. There are many uncertainties about these still unstandardized technologies and the business models that benefit both mobile operators and their customers. At the same time, the opportunity to leverage the next generation network to win promising business has encouraged new players to compete with mobile operators in both consumer and business markets. This report provides Parks Associates' views of opportunities and challenges that mobile operators will face in their bid to build the next generation 5G network.
Scope of Report
This report answers the following questions:
- What is the timeline for 5G network buildout and what are the key requirements for this new network?
- What technologies are being considered for 5G networks and how are they going to be included in the 5G standardization process?
- What use cases is the 5G network primed for, and for the vast IoT market opportunities, what are the solutions that can best address business customers' needs?
- What types of competitors should mobile operators pay attention to when they launch new network based services for existing and new use cases?
- How fast will the mobile data service market grow and how big will traditional mobile data revenue grow by the year 2020?
As was the case with the LTE network launch, the U.S. market will once again lead the 5G network initiatives. This report has a global focus but highlights efforts and viewpoints from leading U.S.-based network vendors and operators. The report projects the growth of global mobile subscriptions as well as global data revenues.
The 5G & Wi-Fi Provider Strategies for the Next-Generation Network report draws information and data primarily from three sources:
- Interviews with and research on companies, including silicon IC makers, network equipment vendors, M2M solution providers, mobile operators, and IoT network operators.
- Company financial reports and related secondary research.
- Publications from trade groups, such as the Next Generation Mobile Network Alliance (NGMN) and 3GPP.
- Parks Associates' consumer surveys, industry reports, and forecasts, including the following:
o Consumer Surveys: American Broadband Households and Their Technologies, 3Q 2015
o Market Forecasts: Mobile Broadband NUMBERS, 3Q/4Q 2015
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3908010/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/5g--wi-fi-provider-strategies-for-the-next-generation-network-300295734.html