LONDON, Feb. 6, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- "Operators must ensure that any new cell meets a real need for both fixed–wireless and mobile traffic to make a successful commercial case for 5G fixed–wireless access."
Some mobile operators (particularly in the USA) are developing pre-standards 5G fixed–wireless services as a more efficient way to enter the home gigabit access and multi-play markets than FTTP. The commercial case will depend on two key factors: the cost of getting high-frequency signals into homes, and the degree of overlap between the optimal locations for the delivery of home broadband and for enhanced mobile services.
THIS REPORT PROVIDES:
- an explanation of the operation of 5G fixed–wireless access (FWA)
- an assessment of the technical benefits of 5G FWA compared to 4G, and of the technical challenges that 5G fixed–wireless still faces in different spectrum bands
- an assessment of the cost of deploying such a system for different types of operators, and how the costs compare to wired systems, including FTTP/GPON and G.fast
- an assessment of the types of operators that could benefit from 5G FWA and to which geographical and economic environments it is most suited
- a discussion of the degree of dependence of the commercial case for 5G FWA on future mobile services
- a discussion of the critical factors determining whether operators will invest in the technology
- case studies of current work by operators.
Who Should Read this Report
- Executives in operators' strategy offices who are responsible for network strategy, as this report provides a view of the commercial shortfalls and benefits of 5G FWA.
- Executives in vendor product strategy departments, as the report highlights where the best opportunities for this sort of approach lie.
- Regulators that want to see what a 5G fixed–mobile convergence landscape might look like and the attendant market concentration risks.
Global, but with an emphasis on economically-developed markets, particularly those with high infrastructure
- Google Fiber
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/4665920/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/5g-fixed--wireless-investment-case-for-operators-300402976.html