60 Utility Leaders Tackle the Smart Grid Issues That Matter at GridWeek
WASHINGTON, Aug. 30, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- In two weeks, GridWeek will gather more than 200 speakers, including 60+ utility leaders, in Washington, D.C., to address Smart Grid topics that matter most. Within 40 unique sessions focused on the major themes of looking forward, strategic solutions and state of deployments, critical topics will include: cyber security, consumer engagement, demand response (DR) and more.
Dozens of national and international utility speakers will provide in-depth insights and lessons from the field.
"Our 14 major GridWeek partners working collaboratively ensure the topics and presenters speak directly to vital Smart Grid issues that utilities are now facing," said Anto Budiardjo, President, Clasma Events. "With the scope of so many deployments now at a critical junction, providing real-life examples and insights from Smart Grid projects makes this the leading utility-focused Smart Grid conference."
Dozens of key issues and opportunities will be addressed, including:
- Cyber security: Pike Research forecasts a 62% increase between 2010 and 2011 spending levels for Smart Grid cyber security, which will be addressed at GridWeek from a global standpoint -- with an eye on emerging markets -- as well as U.S. deployments.
- Consumer engagement: GridWeek's Consumer Symposium will tackle major issues of energy literacy, vulnerable residents and ensuring no community is left behind.
- Demand Response: Participants will consider demand-side management, technical and business solutions, and implementation strategies. Utilities will report on the status of, and future plans for, scaled DR deployment.
- International deployments: By 2030, utilities worldwide will spend $378 billion on Smart Grids, according to Innovation Observatory. With dozens of international delegates attending, GridWeek will address opportunities for global trade and innovation.
- And more. See full agenda
"The topics addressed at GridWeek are the ones that matter most for electric utilities and the Smart Grid market as a whole," said Clint Wheelock, President, Pike Research. "Infusing such in-depth insights from utilities will be a huge benefit to all Smart Grid stakeholders. GridWeek is a focal point of industry activity each year and I wouldn't miss it."
GridWeek takes place Sept. 12-15 in Washington, D.C. www.GridWeek.com.
Clasma Events, Inc. specializes in strategic conferences at the center of the worldwide energy discussion. Focusing on Smart Grid, connectivity, and the new energy economy, Clasma's major events include ConnectivityWeek, GridWeek and Grid-Interop.
Clasma, GridWeek, ConnectivityWeek and Grid-Interop are trademarks or registered trademarks of Clasma Events, Inc.
SOURCE Clasma Events, Inc.
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.