7 Tips from B-Dry.com to Hire a Reliable Basement Waterproofing Contractor
With the Spring rainy season soon approaching, many homeowners will soon be looking for reputable basement waterproofing contractors to help them solve their wet basement problems.
LOUISVILLE, Ky., March 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Though the U.S census Bureau indicates more than 25 percent of homeowners with basements are burdened with chronic basement moisture or flooding, that's no reason to feel downhearted. According to Steve Rivette , a seasoned waterproofing contractor, "The ground is very porous now because warmer weather is thawing the frost from the ground. Basements are becoming ripe for leakage at this time of the year". These problems can be taken care of by an experienced waterproofing contractor. Take these tips from the basement waterproofing experts at the B-Dry® Owners Association to help you select a reliable waterproofer:
- Check with the Better Business Bureau, chamber of commerce, state attorney general's office, county clerk and consumer advocate organizations for information about waterproofing firms
- Ask each firm to provide a lengthy list of references and speak with several previous customers. Don't settle for one or two pre selected names. Ask for references in your own community or surrounding neighborhood.
- Carefully examine each firm's guarantee or warranty. Are there hidden costs for repair? Does the warranty last for the lifetime of the home? Is it transferable to a new owner? Is a clearly written, understandable guarantee or warranty provided?
- Be wary of a sales person who changes a warranty to close a sale. Those revisions may not be honored by the company.
- Make sure any long-term guarantee can be honored. The best protection is offered by a large company with a long term history of success. The home office should stand behind the work, not merely a sub-contractor hired by the firm.
- Beware of any contractor promising a final cost estimate over the phone. The actual cost will always depend on the size of your basement and the scope of the problem.
- Review the credentials of each company. Is waterproofing its primary business? Does the company provide waterproofing services throughout the year? Verify that the companies providing the bid will also perform the work themselves and will not hire sub-contractors. A sub-contractor can jeopardize the validity of the warranty.
Finding dependable basement contractors can be accomplished by following these easy steps.
B-Dry® Owners Association
SOURCE B-Dry Owners Association
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.