7 Young Global Leaders To Shape the Behavioral and Brain Health Agenda
Upcoming Summit to Prioritize How Emerging Brain Research Can Deliver Health & Well-Being Benefits
WASHINGTON, April 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --SharpBrains, the leading market research firm tracking brain health innovation, announced that seven of the World Economic Forum's Young Global Leaders have joined the Steering Group to help shape the agenda for the upcoming SharpBrains Virtual Summit. They will co-chair groundbreaking sessions at the frontier of brain health, well-being and applied neuroscience.
The 2013 SharpBrains Virtual Summit, set for September 19-20th, 2013, will feature nearly 40 of the world's top scientists and innovators addressing the central theme of "How Neuroscience-based Innovation Can Enhance Behavioral and Brain Health." The two-day virtual summit will include eight to ten panel discussions chaired by some of the world's most accomplished and inspiring young leaders under the age of 40, as recognized by the World Economic Forum. Registration for the event is now open at http://sharpbrains.com/summit-2013/
The 7 Young Global Leaders (YGLs) to join the Summit's Steering Group are, in alphabetical order:
- Alvaro Fernandez, CEO of SharpBrains (YGL Class of 2012);
- Andrew Lee, VP of Emerging Business at Aetna (YGL Class of 2011);
- Corinna Lathan, CEO of AnthroTronix (YGL Class of 2006);
- Hilal Lashuel, Visiting Associate Professor at Stanford University (YGL Class of 2012);
- Jayne Plunkett, Head of Casualty Reinsurance at Swiss Re (YGL Class of 2010);
- Olivier Oullier, Professor of Behavioral and Brain Sciences at France's Aix-Marseille University (YGL Class of 2011); and
- Tan Le, CEO of Emotiv Lifesciences (YGL Class of 2009).
"Newly-announced research initiatives in the US and Europe are shining a much-needed light on the critical importance of brain science and innovation," said Fernandez. "The truth is, we don't have 20 years to wait for the healthcare, psychology and medical communities to catch up to the existing research and societal needs—we need real solutions now. This annual summit is designed to highlight the most practical ways to apply what we already know today and to build solid platforms to translate emerging findings into measurable, real-world benefits."
The annual SharpBrains Summit is the foremost virtual global conference designed to highlight and discuss emerging neuroplasticity research, data-driven tools and innovative best practices to optimize health and performance across the lifespan. The Summit has earned multiple endorsements from science and industry pioneers, including:
- Dr. Robert Bilder, Chief of Medical Psychology-Neuropsychology at the UCLA Semel Institute for Neuroscience , who called the event "an impressive virtual convocation of leading scientists and developers and adopters of cognitive enhancement technology."
- Dr. Adam Gazzaley, Director of the Neuroscience Imaging Center at UCSF who said, "The SharpBrains Summit is unique in its impressive ability to unite a diverse collection of cutting-edge thinkers."
- Dr. Keith Wesnes, Practice Leader at Bracket/United BioSource Corporation, who proclaimed the Summit to be "a very time-efficient manner to get a state-of-the-art update on the latest innovations in assessing and promoting brain health, and from the comfort of your own office."
- Dr. Evian Gordon, Executive Chairman of Brain Resource, who declared the Summit "a seminal event, full of wonderful insights and remarkable initiatives, at a time when the brain is going mainstream."
To learn more about the Summit and the agenda as it is comes together, visit http://sharpbrains.com/summit-2013/. For more information about the World Economic Forum's Young Global Leaders program, visit http://www.weforum.org/community/forum-young-global-leaders.
SharpBrains is an independent market research firm and think tank tracking health and productivity applications of cognitive and affective neuroscience, with special emphasis on non-invasive neurotechnology and the growing needs of an aging population.
The company maintains a biannual state-of-the market report series, produces an annual global and virtual professional conference, and maintains a consumer-facing guide, The SharpBrains Guide to Brain Fitness. SharpBrains.com, the company's educational blog, is one of the most popular brain & innovation blogs with 100,000+ monthly readers and 45,000+ eNewsletter subscribers. To learn more about SharpBrains' work, visit www.sharpbrains.com.
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.