WASHINGTON, Nov. 5, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- The 7th annual mHealth Summit, the premier international conference and expo, will explore how mobile, telehealth and connected health are impacting healthcare delivery, clinical care management and patient/consumer engagement. This year's Summit will take place November 8-11 at the Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center in the Washington, DC area, centering around the theme, "Anytime, Anywhere: Engaging Patients and Providers."
The mHealth Summit is the largest and most diverse event in the field, where mobile technology and healthcare thought leaders meet to explore new collaborations, innovations and business opportunities. The Summit, along with the new Population Health and CyberSecurity Summits, comprise the new HIMSS Connected Health Conference, an all-inclusive event highlighting how technology is enabling the transformation of healthcare delivery.
"This year's event delivers the most comprehensive, cutting-edge programming in our seven year history, addressing the challenges and opportunities facing healthcare organizations, front-line care providers, developers, entrepreneurs and anyone making a play in the connected health marketplace," said Richard Scarfo, Vice President, Personal Connected Health Alliance at HIMSS, and Director of the mHealth Summit. "From improving care delivery and integrating personal health data to wearables, apps, the Internet of Things and interoperability, we have it covered."
Attendees will experience four full days of activities including industry-leading keynote presentations, six tracks of disruptive, comprehensive programming , an interactive exhibit floor, pre-conference symposia and highly-anticipated sessions, including:
- Inaugural Clinical Care CME Tracks - Learn from leading health systems and case studies how provider initiatives are leveraging connected health technology as a strategy to improve workflow, handoffs and care coordination yielding improved outcomes, engagement and enhanced patient experience. Clinicians are eligible to receive up to eight CME credits.
- Global mHealth Forum: Pave the Road to Game-Changing Global Health Innovation - The second annual Global mHealth Forum focuses on mobile and connected health in low and middle income countries (LMICs). This two-day event is presented in partnership with the mHealth Working Group and USAID.
- Venture+ Forum - Presented by HIMSS, this half-day program and pitch competition provides a 360-degree view on digital health investing as well as exciting three-minute pitch presentations from emerging and growth-stage companies.
- NIH mHealth Training Institute – Provides behavioral and social scientists with tools to successfully leverage mHealth technologies, with mentorship from leaders in the fields of engineering, medicine and the behavioral and social sciences.
- Wearables + Things 2015 - A series of talks, keynotes, API demos and hands-on sessions will feature exciting opportunities in health and wellness for developers, health and wellness providers and those providing services to the healthcare industry. Presented by Modev.
- Games for Health Day - A deep dive into how the latest games and gaming strategies can help patients, caregivers and health professionals improve health and wellness. Focus areas include cognitive and positive psychology, resilience, corporate wellness, nutrition, active gaming, training and education, research, wearables and behavior change.
- Rock Stars of Healthcare CyberSecurity - Chief Information Security Officers and top management professionals will provide actionable insights and share technology strategies to address HIPAA regulations, risk management, cybercrime, incident detection and response, and more.
- Startup Boot Camp - This one-of-its kind entrepreneur workshop for seed and early-stage health tech startups, presented by HIMSS, will deliver practical advice for building a successful digital health company from compelling business leaders, investors and other successful entrepreneurs.
NOTE TO EDITORS: MEDIA REGISTRATION: For more information about the mHealth Summit, or for complimentary Media Registration, please contact Gina Cella at 857-239-9198 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the mHealth Summit Newsroom (http://www.mhealthsummit.org/newsroom) .
About the mHealth Summit
The mHealth Summit is the premier conference and expo for exploring what is new in mobile, telehealth and connected health—from the impact on healthcare delivery, clinical care and patient and consumer engagement to new technologies, research, investment activities, policy and shifts in the business environment. This year's mHealth Summit will again feature the Global mHealth Forum, a gathering of influencers from over 50 countries to discuss the advancement of mobile and connected health in low and middle income countries. Visit the mHealth Summit for more information. Join the conversation at @mhealthsummit and #Connect2Health.
HIMSS is a global, cause-based, not-for-profit organization focused on better health through information technology (IT). HIMSS leads efforts to optimize health engagements and care outcomes using information technology. HIMSS produces health IT thought leadership, education, events, market research and media services around the world. Founded in 1961, HIMSS encompasses more than 61,000 individuals, of which 79% work in healthcare provider, governmental and not-for-profit organizations across the globe, plus over 640 corporations and 400 not-for-profit partner organizations, that share this cause. HIMSS, headquartered in Chicago, serves the global health IT community with additional offices in the United States, Europe, and Asia.
SOURCE mHealth Summit