80 Gulf Coast Emerging Technology Companies Positioned for Investment Announcing the largest presentation of startup technology companies in the Gulf Coast region
HOUSTON, Sept. 14 /PRNewswire/ -- The Houston Technology Center (HTC), a business accelerator that assists Houston-based emerging technology companies, will host the largest presentation of Gulf Coast emerging technology companies from the energy, information technology, life sciences, nanotechnology, and NASA/aerospace industries during its Gulf Coast Innovation Conference & Showcase on September 30.
This mega event will include presentations from 80 early and mid-stage technology companies highlighting research, innovation, entrepreneurship, and commercialization. All are invited to exhibit at the event and will include HTC clients, graduates and technology companies from 12 participating academic and research institutions.
- Announcement of the new Texas Emerging Technology Fund (TETF) awardees.
- Announcement of the first annual Goradia Innovation Prize winners, a $1M donation from Mr. and Dr. Goradia to be dispersed for the next 10 years. The award recognizes the best innovations from the universities and research institutions encouraging commercialization to the marketplace.
- Keynote Speaker: Robert Beauchamp, Chairman of the Board & CEO of BMC Software
- Two expert panels:
- University Presidents Panel – David Leebron, President of Rice University, Larry Kaiser, President of UTHealth, Renu Khator, President of University of Houston, Paul Klotman, President of Baylor College of Medicine and moderator John White, Co-founder of Standard Renewable Energy Group
- Venture Capital Panel – Justin Hall-Tipping, CEO of NanoHoldings, Trevor Burgess, Managing Director of Lime Rock Partners, William Paiva, Venture Partner of Sevin Rosen Fund and moderator Bernard Harris, CEO of Vesalius Ventures, Inc.
"This event highlights the hundreds of local entrepreneurs that the Houston Technology Center has worked with over the past 10 years," said Walter Ulrich, president and CEO of the Houston Technology Center. "The important growth of these emerging technology companies has brought job creation and significant economic development to the Greater Houston region."
Thursday, September 30
8:00 am – 6:30 pm
Hyatt Regency Houston
Houston Texas 77002
Individual tickets are $150. For more information about the event, please visit: http://www.houstontech.org/2010-gcic-and-s/
About Houston Technology Center: Named among Forbes' top 10 "incubators changing the world," the Houston Technology Center (HTC) provides education, insight, and, access to capital that entrepreneurs need for commercialization. The Houston Technology Center is a business accelerator and the largest technology business incubator in Texas, advancing the commercialization of emerging technology companies in the greater Houston area. A 501(C)(3)nonprofit organization, HTC assists Houston-based entrepreneurs within several key sectors: energy, information technology, life sciences, nanotechnology, and NASA/aerospace.
For more information, visit www.houstontech.org.
Maggie M. Joplin
Director, Marketing & Communications
Houston Technology Center
SOURCE Houston Technology Center