NEW YORK, Nov. 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Verve Mobile, a leading U.S. mobile advertising company specializing in location-powered solutions, announced today the results of a study conducted across 3,500 mobile publishers that use the Verve advertising platform. The study reinforces that consumers are not only comfortable and willing to use their mobile devices for banking activities; but that they expect more, easy-to-use mobile options from their financial institutions.
The survey was conducted over an eight-week period across the Verve platform.
Key findings from the Verve financial services survey include:
- Consumers prefer to access mobile banking by native app (41%)
- The smartphone is the overwhelming platform of choice for mobile banking at (63%)
- Top three mobile banking services used: transfers (63%), bill pay (62%), alerts (40%)
- 73% of consumers want communications based on their financial profile
- Location services most used, as it relates to mobile banking: ATM locator by current location (51%), branch locator (19%), ATM by zip code (19%), branches filtered by services (12%)
- 70% of consumers say expense & budget tracking are the most important mobile tools.
"The results validate what our financial service clients have speculated for a while now, that their customers have come to expect a near full service banking experience on their mobile devices," says Greg Hallinan, Chief Marketing Officer of Verve. "There is a great opportunity for additional growth and competitive distinction for those financial service institutions who address this pent-up demand in the market, by providing increasingly sophisticated mobile account services to consumers."
The study is available here for download:
About Verve Mobile
With its market-leading location-centric advertising platform, Verve helps thousands of national and local advertisers reach a valuable, premium audience where they live, work and play. Over 3,500 publishers use the Verve platform to manage their mobile Web sites, applications and advertising businesses. Verve has offices in New York, NY, Washington D.C. and San Diego, CA. For more information, visit www.vervemobile.com.
To learn more visit vervemobile.com
SOURCE Verve Mobile