GIBRALTER, December 5, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
888, one of the world's most popular online gaming entertainment providers, was awarded Poker Operator of the Year at the seventh annual eGaming Review Operator Awards ceremony, which took place in London on November 30th.
888poker's commitment to the new "we play different" strategy and focus on customer experience and product innovation, with industry first technology, has proven to be a winning combination with a reported leading 122% increase in liquidity of active players year over year.
Over the past year 888poker has introduced one click easy to use beginners lobby, crisp and engaging graphics including 3D, tool tips and tutorial videos, webcam table technology, team tournament options and private games that give players a unique social platform to play with old and new friends.
The eGR Awards reward the top performing operators in the gaming industry. 888 was shortlisted for several rewards, including Affiliate Programme of the Year, Casino Operator of the Year, Innovation in Gaming, Marketing Campaign of the Year, Poker Operator of the Year and Operator of the Year.
888.com representatives stated, "Winning the EGR Poker Operator of the Year is a great honour and reflection of a phenomenal year for 888poker. We are committed to continuously enhance the playability at 888poker in order to give our consumers a poker offering that meets their needs, that's intuitive, simple and stands out from the crowd."
- 888 is one of the world's most popular online gaming entertainment and solutions providers
- Founded in 1997, 888 has been at the forefront of the online gaming industry for over a decade
- 888.com offers a comprehensive gaming experience - including casino, poker, bingo and sports betting - through a number of leading brands in regulated markets around the world
- 888.com can be used in 22 different languages in 176 countries worldwide
- 888 is committed to an industry leading corporate and social responsibility programme, and provides a safe, fun, fair, regulated and secure gaming environment
- 888 is licensed and regulated by the Government of Gibraltar, and is listed on the London Stock Exchange