NEW YORK, March 30, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- SkyBridge Capital will host the eighth annual SALT Conference from May 10th – 13th at the Bellagio in Las Vegas. Over 1,800 thought leaders, investment managers and industry influencers will engage in discussions and debates on some of the world's most relevant and controversial themes that are shaping the future of finance, global markets and society.
Over the course of four days, more than 125 speakers – from the intersecting worlds of finance, alternative investments, politics, public policy, science, pop culture and philanthropy – will participate in curated panels, fireside chats and keynote remarks. Topics include a debate on the presidential election, mounting geopolitical pressures, unprecedented monetary policies and volatile financial markets that continue to impact global economies.
"In its eighth year, SALT has evolved from an alternative investing conference to an alternative thinking forum," said Victor Oviedo, partner and global head of business development at SkyBridge. "This year's program is filled with the most comprehensive and diverse lineup of speakers and topics to date, with the goal of addressing topical challenges and uncovering actionable solutions for the year ahead."
Current speakers include:
- Kyle Bass, CIO, Hayman Capital Management LP
- John Boehner, Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives (2011-2015)
- Donna Brazile, Political Strategist & Vice Chair of Voter Registration & Participation, Democratic National Committee
- Michael R. Bloomberg, Founder of Bloomberg LP, Philanthropist, UN Secretary-General's Special Envoy for Cities and Climate Change, & Three-Term Mayor of New York City
- Kobe Bryant, Five-Time NBA Champion and Chief Executive Officer, Kobe Inc.
- John Burbank III, Founder & CIO, Passport Capital
- Felipe Calderón, President of Mexico (2006 - 2012) & Former Statesman of the Year
- Jim Chanos, Founder & President, Kynikos Associates LP
- Leon G. Cooperman, Founder, Chairman & CEO, Omega Advisors, Inc.
- Clayton DeGiacinto, Founder & CIO, Axonic Capital LLC
- Joshua S. Friedman, Co-Founder, Co-Chairman & Co-CEO, Canyon Partners, LLC
- Kenneth C. Griffin, Founder & CEO, Citadel
- Sir Michael Hintze, Founder, CEO & Senior Investment Officer, CQS
- Margaret Hoover, CNN Political Contributor, Political Strategist, LGBT Activist & Author
- Ron Howard, Academy Award-Winning Director
- Caitlyn Jenner, Olympian & Transgender Rights Advocate
- Laurie Katz, Partner, U.S. Business Development, GoldenTree Asset Management
- Michael Lewis, New York Times Bestselling Author of The Big Short, Liar's Poker, Flash Boys & Boomerang
- Lara Logan, Award-Winning Foreign Correspondent & Correspondent for CBS News & CBS's 60 Minutes
- John Lykouretzos, Founder & CIO, Hoplite Capital Management, L.P.
- Jim Messina, Former Deputy Chief of Staff to President Obama & Campaign Manager for the 2012 Obama Re-Election Campaign; President & Chief Executive Officer, The Messina Group
- Dennis Miller, Emmy-Award Winning Comedian & Political Contributor
- Mark Mobius, Executive Chairman, Templeton Emerging Markets Group
- Deepak Narula, Founder & Managing Partner, Metacapital Management, L.P.
- George Papandreou, Prime Minister of Greece (2009-2011)
- T. Boone Pickens, Chairman & CEO, BP Capital
- Karl Rove, Former Deputy Chief of Staff & Senior Advisor to President George W. Bush & Author of The Triumph of William McKinley: Why the Election of 1896 Still Matters
- David M. Rubenstein, Co-Founder & Co-CEO, The Carlyle Group
- Robert E. Rubin, Former Secretary of the U.S. Treasury (1995 - 1999); & Co-Chairman, Council on Foreign Relations
- Will Smith, Actor, Producer, Musician & Philanthropist
- Jeff Smith, Managing Member, CEO & CIO, Starboard Value, L.P.
- Randall Smith, Chief of Investments, Alden Global Capital
- Admiral James Stavridis, NATO's 16th Supreme Allied Commander Europe & 15th Commander of the U.S. European Command (2009-2013); Head of U.S. Southern Command (2006-2009); Dean of The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy at Tufts University
- George Sullivan, EVP & Global Head of Alternative Investment Solutions, State Street Corporation
- Lawrence H. Summers, Charles W. Eliot University Professor at Harvard University; Former Director of the National Economic Council for President Obama, and Secretary of the Treasury for President Clinton
- Nassim Taleb, Author of The Black Swan; Distinguished Scientific Advisor, Universa Investments
- Kenneth G. Tropin, Chairman & Founder, Graham Capital Management, L.P.
- Ty Wallach, Partner, Paulson & Co. Inc.
- Cameron & Tyler Winklevoss, Co-Founders, Gemini Trust Company, LLC
- Sam Zell, Founder & Chairman, Equity Group Investments
- Roslyn Zhang, Managing Director, Fixed Income & Absolute Return Investments, China Investment Corporation (CIC)
For more information on SALT – including the current agenda and confirmed speaker faculty to date – please visit www.saltconference.com. Also, follow SALT on Twitter at @SALTConference – hashtag #SALT2016 – for meeting updates, news and highlights.
About SALT and SkyBridge Capital
The SkyBridge Alternatives (SALT) Conference is committed to facilitating balanced discussions and debates on macro-economic trends, geo-political events and alternative investment opportunities within the context of a dynamic global economy. With thought leaders, public policy officials, business professionals and investors from over 42 countries and 6 continents, the SALT Conference provides an unmatched opportunity for attendees from around the world to connect with global leaders and network with industry peers.
SALT is produced by SkyBridge SALT, LLC, an affiliate of SkyBridge Capital, a global investment firm with approximately $12.6 billion in assets under management or advisement as of January 31, 2016. Unique and forward looking, SkyBridge Capital is a pioneer in the alternative asset management industry leading an evolution in the fund of funds space. SkyBridge has redefined the fund of funds investment model by developing a thematic and tactical multi-strategy investment approach to consistently generate attractive risk-adjusted returns. The firm's investment strategy is enhanced by their unparalleled access to industry decision makers and global financial leaders - including money managers, economists and policy makers– whose insights are integral to shaping our global outlook and opportunity sets. The firm is headquartered in New York and also has a presence in Zürich, Switzerland and Seoul, South Korea.
For media registration and speaker interview requests, please contact:
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/8th-annual-salt-conference-to-take-place-may-10-13-2016-in-las-vegas-300243430.html
SOURCE SkyBridge Capital