Five of the ten key findings of this study:
- 39% of respondents are currently using cloud based only with 36% using a hybrid approach. 24% still using on premise disaster recovery architecture.
- 89% of IT leaders are planning in implementing more cloud based disaster recovery in the next year.
- 80% of IT leaders say it takes more than an hour to recover from a server failure, with more than 25% saying they need more than two hours. The catch is that 98% of IT leaders believe that speed of recovery plays an important role, with over 70% claiming it's extremely critical to their business.
- Over 50% of IT leaders are most worried about security threats over other disruptions including hardware failure, backup disk corruption, natural disasters, power outages and human error.
- 64% of respondents are using more than 3 different disaster recovery solutions, with 26% using over 5 different products. The catch is that 90% of respondents would like to consolidate their disaster recovery solutions into one dashboard.
"It is clear the right strategies and solutions are available and IT leaders have their eyes on a future of faster recovery and stronger security," said Jason Snook, Systems Engineer. "Automated testing allows for faster recovery and the customers we talk to view encryption for all of their backup data as the new standard and foundation to their security posture."
The full report is free to view and can be found here: http://www.quorum.net/reports Our next report will dive into why security threats are the biggest fears of IT leaders, and how disaster recovery solutions can allow business of all sizes to recover from a security incident quickly and quietly.
Quorum enables IT teams to provide business continuity and the fastest recovery from server downtime in the industry. Quorum onQ was first introduced in 2010 and has since evolved into a powerful platform delivering backup, one-click instant recovery, deduplication, replication, automated recovery testing and extensible archiving, all delivered as a hardware appliance, virtual machine or as cloud based disaster recovery as a service (DRaaS).
With offices in the US and the UK serving customers worldwide, businesses of all sizes like the easy installation, flexible deployment options and fast recovery. To learn more, visit us at www.quorum.com or follow us on twitter: @quorumlabs
Lumina Communications for Quorum
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/90-of-it-leaders-looking-to-the-cloud-for-backup-and-recovery-300379053.html