NEW YORK, March 30, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The ninth annual SALT Conference will take place from May 16th – 19th at the Bellagio in Las Vegas. Over 2,000 of the world's most influential and impactful industry influencers, decision makers and investors will engage in bipartisan discussions and debates spanning the most topical and pressing themes that are shaping the future of finance, global markets and society.
Over the course of four days, more than 125 speakers – from the intersecting worlds of finance, investing, politics, public policy, pop culture and philanthropy – will participate in curated panels, fireside chats and keynote remarks. Topics include the evolving state of the alternatives asset industry, the future of American politics, the influence of policy, populism and tax reform on global financial markets and the impact of growing geopolitical tensions around the globe. Based on registrations to date, SALT is expected to draw a 20% increase in attendance amongst institutional investors, with a significant turnout from asset allocators at leading public and private pensions and sovereign wealth funds.
"This year's program features an unprecedented, comprehensive lineup of speakers who will candidly discuss the world's most relevant topics, controversial issues and actionable solutions so that we may capitalize on tomorrow's opportunities and improve societal conditions," said Victor Oviedo, Co-Founder of the SALT Conference. "Over the past nine years, we have truly built a bespoke, global platform for the greatest minds in finance to exchange ideas, expand their network and grow their business."
Current speakers include:
- Joe Biden, 47th Vice President of the United States
- Bill Ackman, CEO & Portfolio Manager, Pershing Square Capital Management, L.P.
- Teresa C. Barger, CEO, Cartica Management, LLC
- Dr. Ben S. Bernanke, Chairman, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (2006-2014)
- Donna Brazile, Political Strategist & Former Chair of the Democratic National Committee (DNC)
- John Brennan, CIA Director (2013-2017)
- R. Nicholas Burns, Former U.S. Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs; Former U.S. Ambassador to NATO; Former U.S. Ambassador to Greece; Professor of the Practices of Diplomacy & International Politics, Harvard John F. Kennedy School of Government
- Governor Jeb Bush, Governor of Florida (1998-2007)
- David Cameron, Prime Minister, Great Britain and Northern Ireland (2010 - 2016)
- James Chanos, Founder & President, Kynikos Associates LP
- Liz Claman, Anchor, Fox Business Network
- George Cook, Institutional Consulting Director, Graystone Consulting
- Josh Earnest, White House Press Secretary For President Obama (2014-2017)
- Joshua S. Friedman, Co-Founder, Co-Chairman & Co-CEO, Canyon Partners, LLC
- Emanuel J. Friedman, CEO and Co-CIO, EJF Capital LLC
- Jamie Foxx, Academy Award Winning Actor, Grammy Award Winning Musical Artist & Comedian
- Troy Gayeski, Partner & Senior Portfolio Manager, SkyBridge Capital
- Reade Griffith, CIO, Polygon's European Event-Driven Fund & Co-Founder & Head of Investment Committee, Tetragon
- Jeffrey Gundlach, CEO & CIO, DoubleLine
- Steve Harvey, Comedian, Television Host, Producer, Radio Personality, Actor & Best-Selling Author
- Chris Hentemann, Managing Partner & CIO, 400 Capital Management LLC
- Sir Michael Hintze, Founder, Chief Executive & Senior Investment Officer, CQS
- Tony Hsieh, CEO, Zappos & New York Times Bestselling Author of Delivering Happiness
- Brett R. Jefferson, President & CIO, Hildene Capital Management
- Mark Jeffries, Author & Communications Expert
- Jerry Jones, Owner, President & General Manager of Dallas Cowboys
- Jason Karp, Founder & CIO, Tourbillon Capital Partners, L.P.
- Jewel Kilcher, Singer-Songwriter, Entrepreneur, Actress, Author & Poet
- Michael P. Kortan, FBI Assistant Director, Office of Public Affairs
- Marc Lasry, Chairman, CEO & Co-Founder, Avenue Capital Group
- Marc Levin, Award Winning, Independent Filmmaker & Executive Producer, Brick City TV
- Daniel S. Loeb, Founder & CEO, Third Point LLC
- Lara Logan, Award-Winning Foreign Correspondent & Correspondent for CBS's 60 Minutes
- John Lykouretzos, Founder & CIO, Hoplite Capital Management, L.P.
- Omeed Malik, Global Head of Capital Strategy, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Morris Mark, Managing Partner & CIO, Mark Asset Management
- Mark Mobius, Executive Chairman, Templeton Emerging Markets Group
- Ray Nolte, Managing Partner & CIO, SkyBridge Capital
- George Papandreou, Prime Minister of Greece (2009-2011)
- Felix Partow, Portfolio Manager, The Midway Group
- Christopher Pucillo, CEO & CIO, Solus Alternative Asset Management LP
- Bruce Richards, Chairman & CEO, Marathon Asset Management
- Sarah Robb O'Hagan, CEO, FlyWheel Sports; Founder, Extreme You; Named Forbes' "Most Powerful Women in Sports"; Former President, Equinox & Former Global President, Gatorade
- David Rosenblum, Partner & Portfolio Manager, Prophet Capital Asset Management L.P.
- Jack Ross, Principal & Co-Founder, Waterfall Asset Management
- Karl Rove, Former Deputy Chief of Staff & Senior Advisor to President George W. Bush & Author of The Triumph of William McKinley: Why the Election of 1896 Still Matters
- David M. Rubenstein, Co-Founder & Co-CEO, The Carlyle Group
- Ricky Sandler, Founder, CEO & CIO, Eminence Capital
- David C. Saunders, Founding Managing Director, K2 Advisors
- Anthony Scaramucci, Founder, SkyBridge Capital
- Erik Schatzker, Television Correspondent, Bloomberg Television
- George Sullivan, EVP & Global Head of Alternative Investment Solutions, State Street Corporation
- Nicolas Vassalli, Head of Portfolio Management, Structured Portfolio Management (SPM)
- Gary Vaynerchuk, Founder, VaynerMedia; Angel Investor: & New York Times Best-Selling Author of Crush It!, The Thank You Economy, & Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook
- Ty Wallach, Partner, Paulson & Co. Inc.
- Boaz Weinstein, Founder & CIO, Saba Capital Management, L.P.
- Basil Williams, Managing Director & Head of Portfolio Management, PAAMCO
- Robert Wolf, CEO, 32 Advisors
- Dick Wolf, Emmy Award Winning & Grammy Winning Producer
- Jake Wood, Co-Founder & CEO, Team Rubicon USA
- Sam Zell, Founder & Chairman, Equity Group Investments
- Roslyn Zhang, Managing Director, Head of Hedge Fund Investments, China Investment Corporation (CIC)
Speakers will continue to be announced leading up to the Conference. For more information on SALT – including the current agenda and confirmed speaker faculty to date – please visit www.saltconference.com. News and highlights taking place at SALT will be available by tuning in to live broadcasts from Bloomberg TV and Fox Business throughout daytime programming airing May 17-19th. Real-time event updates will also be available on SALT's Twitter at @SALTConference – hashtag #SALT2017.
The SALT Conference is committed to facilitating balanced discussions and debates on macro-economic trends, geo-political events and alternative investment opportunities within the context of a dynamic global economy. With thought leaders, public policy officials, business professionals and investors from over 42 countries and 6 continents, the SALT Conference provides an unmatched opportunity for attendees from around the world to connect with global leaders and network with industry peers.
For media registration and speaker interview requests, please contact:
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/9th-annual-salt-conference-to-take-place-may-16-19th-2017-in-las-vegas-300431898.html
SOURCE SALT Conference