HOLLYWOOD, Calif., May 31, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- On May 28, 2016, The Sports Vote, a campaign undertaken by The New Sports Economy Institute, mailed another personal letter to New York Governor Cuomo, Attorney General Schneiderman and the entire New York Legislature concerning the continued reckless rapid attempts to legalize, currently illegal, daily fantasy sports gambling ahead of the June 16, 2016 deadline. This new letter follows the Illinois last minute, cover-of-darkness attempt to cram a bill down the throats of their legislature that exploded in scandal as reported by The Chicago Sun Times on May 26, 2016: "Fantasy sports bill hits snag amid lobbyist scandal" ( http://tinyurl.com/dailyfantasybribes ) On May 29, 2016, the contents of the letter were made public.
DFS is currently illegal in New York. Attorney General Schneiderman said: "It is clear that DraftKings and FanDuel are the leaders of a massive, multibillion-dollar scheme intended to evade the law and fleece sports fans across the country. Daily fantasy sports companies are illegal gambling under New York law, causing the same kinds of social and economic harms as other forms of illegal gambling, and misleading New York consumers."
Below is an excerpt from the open letter to the NY State Government:
"Can you imagine the following happening?
- People start selling cocaine in New York to both underage kids and adults.
- The cocaine business grows. Sensing the money, investors show up.
- The New York Attorney General comes down hard on the cocaine trade and goes to court.
- Cocaine sellers argue that there is no risk for cocaine users and it is safe.
- Before the court can decide the debate on the merits, cocaine traders start replicating what they do in other states and work on cocaine legislation.
- Cocaine legislation comes in front of you for vote.
So, would YOU sign this??" asks Chris Rabalais, Managing Director of The New Sports Economy Institute and The Sports Vote.
Read the rest of the open letter here: https://thenewsportseconomy.com/2016/05/28/fanduel-draftkings/
Contact Jason Henry – The Sports Vote Media Relations
iPhone (705) 772-7066 or Email
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/a-congressional-snub-bribery-allegations-in-illinois-and-the-new-york-hustle-300276884.html
SOURCE The Sports Vote