A "handy" Way to Stay in Touch -- An Ideal Hong Kong Travel Companion Enjoy Unlimited Local and International Phone Calls, as well as 3G Internet Services Anywhere in the City
HONG KONG, Aug. 1, 2012 /PRNewswire-Asia/ -- At last, those dreaded data roaming and IDD bills after a trip to Hong Kong can be a thing of the past!
With handy smartphone rental services, tourists in Hong Kong can now surf the web and call their loved ones overseas without burning a hole in their pockets. They can check out the latest and hippest events in Hong Kong, locate the best dining and shopping spots, and connect with their friends and families back home -- all without skipping a beat during their stay in Hong Kong.
Available now, handy is the first-of-its-kind smartphone rental service in Greater China to offer unlimited phone calls, data and wireless internet services for inbound tourists. handy will provide users with unlimited 3G internet access at a daily rate of HKD88, as well as free local and international phone services during their stay in the vibrant city*.
Picking-up and returning of handy smartphones is easy. Tourists arriving in Hong Kong are encouraged to come to the two handy service counters in the Hong Kong International Airport (A03 and B12 of the Arrivals Hall). Before leaving Hong Kong, they just need to return the devices at the same spots, without any hassle.
Snap up the benefits now! From today until September 30, 2012, customers can reserve a handy device online before their trips to Hong Kong, and enjoy free rental on the first day of usage**. They are also welcomed to pay a visit to the counters and try out the handy service, making an IDD call home for free.
handy offers the following features:
- Leading-Edge Devices: handy is powered by the Samsung Galaxy Note -- you will fall in love with its 5.3 inch high-resolution touch-screen and slick dual-core system.
- More Data, More Freedom: handy is designed to give tourists the freedom and flexibility to use their laptops without having to search for a Wi-Fi hotspot. By creating a mobile hotspot with handy, they can share handy's high-speed internet connection on the go with as many Wi-Fi enabled devices as they want, at the same time.
- Hassle-Free Pick Up and Return: Tourists can easily pick up and return handy at the two service counters located at the Arrivals Hall (A03 and B12) in the Hong Kong International Airport.
- One Smartphone, Two Cities: handy also comes with unlimited 3G access in Macau -- the fun never stops even when you travel to the next big hub for entertainment in Asia!
"From now on, prepaid SIM cards, paper maps, coupons, frenzied searches for W-Fi hotspots and physical guidebooks should be things of the past for tourists. We want our customers to experience the same level of wireless connectivity while travelling in Hong Kong as they do at home," said Terence Kwok, CEO and Founder of Tink Labs Limited, the holding company offering handy services. "Whether they choose to surf the internet, respond to emails, update their social network status or enjoy convenient access to information such as maps and directions, we are making it more affordable than ever for them to enjoy connectivity services in Hong Kong."
Terence added, "Tink Labs is all about elevating the experiences of tourists in Hong Kong. We are thrilled to be the only new tenant selected by the Hong Kong Airport Authority this year and set up our service counters there, which required a great deal of preparation and co-ordination with the authority. At the same time, we are also in discussions with various partners to include ticketing, coupons and city guide services at handy in the future to allow tourists to have an unforgettable journey in Hong Kong."
Notes to editors:
Terms and Conditions:
- handy offers support for fixed line and mobile calls to these countries: China, USA, Singapore, Thailand, India and Canada.
- handy offers support for fixed line service only to these markets: Taiwan, Japan, South Korea, Australia, UK, France, Germany, Italy, New Zealand, Netherlands and Spain. For services outside these countries, pay-per-use rates apply. Please visit www.handyhongkong.com for more details.
- Availability, quality of coverage and services while roaming and surfing the internet are subject to service provider's broadband subscription and coverage area.
- For countries, rates and additional details, please go to the website: www.handyhongkong.com, or contact the customer service team at +852 8120 2233.
- For further details about the "First Day Rental for Free" promotion, please visit the website: www.handyhongkong.com/en/register.
About Tink Labs
Tink Labs believes in the capacity of mobile to simplify many of life's complications and thus combine our zeal for problem solving with our flair for creativity to develop products that achieve this aim. Our current project, the handy aims to revolutionize the way people travel.
SOURCE Tink Labs Limited