MADISON, N.J., June 24, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Approximately 26% of our nation's Top 1,000 real estate agents and teams by sales volume, transaction sides, and average sales price are affiliated with a Realogy brand, according to the 2016 REAL Trends/The Wall Street Journal Report, The Thousand, released today. Realogy Holdings Corp. (NYSE: RLGY) residential brands include Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate, CENTURY 21®, Coldwell Banker®, ERA®, Sotheby's International Realty®, and The Corcoran Group® and ZipRealty®.
"The inclusion of so many of our affiliated sales associates is a testament to their professionalism and market expertise, and we are proud of their exceptional achievements," said Richard A. Smith, chairman, CEO and president of Realogy.
The annual report ranks America's top 1,000 residential real estate agents and teams based on 2015 annual sales volume and transaction sides, and this year also adds the top 50 agents and teams based on average sales price.
Realogy held more spots overall than any other company, with 26% (257) of the spots on the Top Thousand's four categories of agent sales volume, team sales volume, agent transaction sides and team transaction sides, and 28% (307) when including the Top 100 lists of Agents and Teams by Average Sales Price.
Notable Overall Rankings
Overall, agents and teams affiliated with a Realogy brand account for:
- The most Top Agents based on Sides (95), Sales Volume (92) and Team Sales Volume (51).
- Sotheby's International Realty had 59 Top Agents and Teams on the Sales Volume list, more than any other brand, followed by Coldwell Banker (54). Sotheby's International Realty also had the highest total Sales Volume of any brand at $7.37 billion followed by Coldwell Banker with $7.31 billion.
- Coldwell Banker has 27 Top Teams by Sales Volume, including 4 Teams in the Top 20.
- CENTURY 21 has 2 of the Top 10 Agents by Sides, and 32 overall Top Agents by Sides. The brand has gained placements on 3 of the 4 Sides and Sales Volume lists over last year.
- ERA-affiliated sales associates increased their representation in the Top Agents by Sides 40% year-over-year.
Average Sales Price by Top Agent and Top Team
In these two categories, Realogy and its affiliates represent:
- 60 percent (30) of the Top Agents by Average Sales Price, including the top two agents who tied for No. 1 from Sotheby's International Realty Inc. in New York, and 9 of the top 15. Included in that figure, Sotheby's International Realty accounts for more agents than any other brand with 34 percent (17) of the overall category, followed by The Corcoran Group which had the second highest number of Top Agents (10) by Average Sales Price.
- 40 percent (20) of the Top Teams by Average Sales Price, including the No. 1 Team from Sotheby's International Realty Inc. in Beverley Hills, California.
REAL Trends/The Wall Street Journal Top Thousand awards program was developed jointly by The Wall Street Journal advertising sales department and REAL Trends, a leading source of analysis and information for the residential real estate brokerage industry. REAL Trends/The Wall Street Journal Top Thousand honors America's finest real estate agents and their companies and is compiled and analyzed by REAL Trends.
About Realogy Holdings Corp.
Realogy Holdings Corp. (NYSE: RLGY) is a global leader in residential real estate franchising and brokerage with many of the best-known industry brands including Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate, CENTURY 21®, Coldwell Banker®, Coldwell Banker Commercial®, The Corcoran Group®, ERA®, Sotheby's International Realty® and ZipRealty®. Collectively, Realogy's franchise system members operate approximately 13,600 offices with more than 257,200 independent sales associates conducting business in 110 countries and territories around the world. NRT LLC, Realogy's company-owned real estate brokerage, is the largest residential brokerage company in the United States, operates under several of Realogy's brands and also provides related residential real estate services. Realogy also owns Cartus, a prominent worldwide provider of relocation services to corporate and affinity clients; Title Resource Group (TRG), a leading provider of title, settlement and underwriting services; and ZapLabsSM, its innovation and technology development subsidiary. Realogy is headquartered in Madison, New Jersey.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/a-leading-number-of-realogy-brand-affiliated-agents-and-teams-named-to-the-2016-real-trendsthe-wall-street-journal-report-300289881.html
SOURCE Realogy Holdings Corp.