A Postcard from 'Monte Carluke' and 'Lanzarothesay'!
GLASGOW, Scotland, September 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Tennent's Original Export Unveils 'Postcard Generator' Winners
Tennent's Original Export has today (Monday 17th September) unveiled the winners of its recent postcard competition, which asked drinkers to create their own version of the lager's award-winning billboard campaign that twinned Scottish locations with historic Tennent's export markets.
From over hundreds of entries on Facebook, Tennent's picked two winners: 22-year-old music teacher Robbie Huxtable's imaginative '‘Lanzarothesay', which pairs the Spanish island of Lanzarote with Scotland's own holiday destination Rothesay; and 26-year-old David Morgan's 'Monte Carluke', an inspired twinning of the glamorous hotspot of Monte Carlo with Scotland's own Carluke.
The competition follows the launch of Tennent's Original Export Lager earlier this year, which introduced billboards that humorously combined Scottish locations with historic Tennent's export markets - in celebration of Tennent's illustrious export history. The resulting campaign, featuring beautifully illustrated billboards such as the 'Great Barrier Leith' and 'Beverley Hilltown', has won a series of awards.
The winning 'Lanzarothesay' and 'Monte Carluke' creations will now be on display at billboard sites across Scotland from Monday 17th September.
Commenting on the win Robbie said: 'I found the original billboards very funny so I can't believe my idea is now going to be used in a real campaign for Tennent's. I was keen to get involved in the competition because I thought the challenge of twinning towns from home and abroad to create a postcard was a fun and quirky idea. I've also been to Rothesay a few times and have memories of all the palm trees and took my inspiration from there.'
David added: 'I took a bit of time with my entry, thinking about which places in Scotland could be paired with exotic locations around the world to create some really good word play. I can't believe my idea has been picked and I'm really looking forward to seeing it come
to life in such a big way across Scotland. I'll be pestering my friends and family to go and take a look!'
Jane Cannon, Marketing Manager from Tennent Caledonian commented: 'We had a fantastic response to our recent twinning campaign, with people requesting posters and also suggesting their own funny pairings. It was then we decided to hand the creative process over to our consumers and get them involved in creating some new billboards. The standard of entries was really high, and David and Robbie's ideas both stood out as clever combinations that made us laugh. We're delighted to be giving our winners the chance to see their postcards take centre stage in our new Tennent's Original Export billboards this autumn.'
Tennent's Original Export is the premium export lager which is true to Tennent's earliest brews, made in Glasgow using the finest natural ingredients and with 100 per cent Scottish barley. It combines the best of local brewing with inspiration from Tennent's illustrious export heritage.
Notes to editors:
- The Tennent's business has been brewing since 1740 at the historic Wellpark Brewery in the east end of Glasgow - built by H&R Tennent and today the oldest running commercial concern in Glasgow
- Founded in 1885, Tennent's Lager is known as an industry pioneer, recognised as being the first commercial lager to be produced to scale in Scotland (and one of the first in the UK) and at the forefront of introducing canned and draught lager to the UK
- The brand is renowned for its iconic 'Red T' logo and for its innovative marketing campaigns, including some of Scotland's most memorable and entertaining advertising
- In November 2010 the business opened its Tennent's Training Academy on-site at Wellpark. This state-of-the-art facility provides high quality industry training that is accessible for the entire industry - not just for Tennent's customers
- In October 2011, Tennent Caledonian launched a major new beer brand for Scotland - Caledonia Best - made with 100 per cent Scottish barley
- In March 2012 Scotland's First Minister the Right Honourable Alex Salmond MSP opened a new £4 million bottling line at Wellpark Brewery
- In April 2012 Tennent Caledonian launched a new premium export lager for the Scottish market: Tennent's Original Export - brewed in Glasgow using the finest natural ingredients.
- In July 2012 Tennent Caledonian was awarded a series of gold, silver and bronze medals at two of the toughest global beer quality challenges: the Monde Selection in Belgium and the International Beer Challenge. Three of the business's new brands fared well in the competitions, with five medals awarded for Tennent's Original Export (UK market), and Tennent's Scotch Ale / Tennent's Extra (Italian market).
- This summer three of Tennent Caledonian's flagship products were part of a unique Scotland House showcase for the 2012 Olympic Games. As the eyes of the world turned to London, Tennent's Lager, Caledonia Best and Tennent's Original Export were amongst the very finest food and drink on offer in the city. The Scotland House initiative was hosted by the Scottish Government with partners including Scotland Food & Drink.
- In September 2012 the Tennent's Original Export outdoor billboard campaign scooped a series of accolades at the Scottish Creative Awards, including the Grand Prix award, 48 or 96 Sheet Poster, Art Direction and the Outdoor Campaign Awards.
SOURCE Tennent Caledonian
More by this Source
Cheers for Heroes!
Nov 23, 2013, 04:00 ET
Tennent Caledonian Breweries Supports Glasgow Man for World Record Attempt
Nov 08, 2013, 11:31 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.