NEW YORK, Feb. 16, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- A Product and Pipeline Analysis of the Global Immunoglobulin Market : Trends in Communicable and Non-Communicable Diseases Drug Pipeline
Immunoglobulin (Ig) therapies are life-saving medicines. They have been in use for more than 60 years and provide the patient with a variety of antibodies that have proven to be beneficial for many. Often they are used as a last line of defense in many severe inflammatory diseases, and in some conditions, they are life-saving.
- However, immunoglobulin G (IgG) is an expensive therapy. In the United States, the cost per treatment varies from a few hundred dollars to thousands of dollars, depending on the individual's weight, dose requirements, and brand of IgG selected. In the United States, most health plans cover the cost of IgG.
- IgG can be administered in a medical facility, such a hospital or outpatient center. It can also be given in a physician's office or at a patient's home.
- About % of IgG is used as an immunosuppressive treatment of a number of autoimmune disorders, with particularly large volumes consumed by neuropathies such as chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy (CIDP).
- Globally, demand for immunoglobulin is continuously growing and the market is expected to foresee increased competition in the subcutaneous Ig segment.
In the next years, new participants such as Bharat Biotech (India) and Biotest (Germany) with pipeline products each (in mid-late stage clinical trials) are likely to compete with market leaders such as CSL Behring and Grifols.
- In 2015, CSL Behring (CSL), Baxter International, and Grifols were the top-three participants, accounting for % of the all-important US market for immunoglobulin-derived products.
- In between 2000 and 2015, a total of immunoglobulin products were approved, of which were approved for communicable diseases, while the remaining were approved for non-communicable diseases.
- The global IgG market is expected to reach a demand size of tons by 2020, up from an estimated tons in 2015.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03326333-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001