LONDON, November 8, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
The global automotive industry has been on the verge of significant changes. The industry has already been targeted by high environmental standards and stiff regulations due to its substantial share of the global emissions. However, the changes the industry is currently passing through are beyond the scope of environment. Amongst others, the emergence of electric vehicles is set to reconstitute the whole automotive industry.
The impact from electric vehicle adoption has already started changing the automotive industry landscape. Presently, EVs account for merely 1% of global vehicle sales, though its share is anticipated to jump considerably over the next ten years. So far, financial incentives and stiffening regulations have supported EVs sales in North America, Europe and Asia. As sales have started tractions, almost all major car producers jumped on the bandwagon and announced their future EVs models.
Commodity Inside anticipates that EV charging infrastructure will also see a phenomenal growth over the coming years driven by both residential and commercial markets. Potential risks and opportunities will impact OEMs and raw materials suppliers. For instance, Lithium, which is an essential component in the EV rechargeable battery, has already benefited in terms of prices. Moreover, we are also expecting structural shifts in market shares of polymers, aluminium, steel, copper, glass etc in the EV market going forward.
Commodity Inside automotive analyst Sergej Gavrilov writes "There will be reductions in the car curb weight going forward despite installations of new hardware and features in the car, whereas Autonomous Driving Technologies (ADT) will account for the largest share of the total new additional weight. Most car producers plan to introduce fully autonomous vehicles by 2021 and start mass production by 2025."
A Ten Year Strategic Outlook for the Global Electric Vehicle Market is a valuable resource necessary for examining the global electric vehicle market. We have employed a very sophisticated and robust approach to assess the electric vehicle market and its future implications for the conventional automotive industry. The report covers the following key aspects:
- The battery electric vehicle market and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles market analysis by region and country
- A full coverage of the market in both volume and value terms
- The charging infrastructure market
- EVs sales by major players
- The supply chain of rechargeable batteries
- Usage of various materials and their future market dynamics
- Major trends and developments
- Profiles of 10 leading electric vehicle companies
A Ten Year Strategic Outlook for the Global Electric Vehicle Market provides you with the following in-depth analysis:
- A full coverage of battery electric vehicles and plug-in electric vehicles market in terms of sales volume and value
- Detailed coverage of 16 major national markets
- Discussion on drivers and incentives
- Analysis of materials such as aluminium, copper, glass, plastics, rubber, steel and others
- Electric vehicle supply equipment sales projections by major markets
- Profiles of top ten companies in the market based on revenues from electric vehicles
- 165 tables, figures and charts
- All supportive data provided in excel
To learn more about 'A Ten Year Strategic Outlook for the Global Electric Vehicle Market' report please visit https://commodityinside.com/reports/ten-year-strategic-outlook-global-electric-vehicle-market/
About Commodity Inside
Commodity Inside (https://commodityinside.com/) is an independent privately owned company provides market research analysis, consulting and training to the commodities market. We specialise in glass, metal, paper and plastic industries and its end use sectors such as construction, automotive, OEM, packaging and white goods. We publish a variety of thorough and highly analytical market analysis reports. Our analysis is so unique and insightful that we believe that it will really benefit our clients in their strategic planning. Our consultancy arm offers specialist expertise to companies in these sectors, and helping them in making the right decisions.
For further information about this report and additional research, please contact:
Head of Analysis- Downstream Industries
SOURCE Commodity Inside Ltd