AAA Michigan Presents Four Diamond Awards to 20 top hotels and restaurants at "2013 Pure Michigan Governor's Tourism Conference"
DEARBORN, Mich., April 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Radisson Plaza Hotel and Suites in Kalamazoo has rejoined the list of honorees to be awarded AAA's prestigious Four-Diamond rating for hospitality industry excellence. A total 15 hotels and five restaurants across Michigan earned the AAA Four-Diamond Award for 2013.
Four outstanding Detroit properties received the designation. They include The Westin Book Cadillac (3 consecutive years); the MotorCity Casino Hotel (4 years) and its restaurant, Iridescence (12 years), and the MGM Grand (5 years).
The other award-winning hotels include:
- Birmingham – The Townsend Hotel (25 years)
- Dearborn – The Dearborn Inn (10 years) and The Henry Hotel Autograph Collection (24 years)
- Grand Rapids – Amway Grand Plaza Hotel (28 years) and JW Marriott Hotel Grand Rapids (6 years)
- Mackinac Island – Grand Hotel (19 years)
- Mount Pleasant – Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort (15 years)
- Plymouth – The Inn at St. John's (2 years)
- Rochester – Royal Park Hotel (7 years)
- Romulus – The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport (10 years)
- Southfield – The Westin Southfield (11 years)
The other AAA Four Diamond restaurants include:
- Birmingham – Rugby Grill (12 years)
- Farmington Hills – Cafe Cortina (10 years)
- Grand Rapids – Cygnus 27 (9 years)
- West Bloomfield – The Lark (23 years)
The awards were the "grand finale" of the "2013 Pure Michigan Governor's Conference on Tourism" at the Detroit Marriott Renaissance Center Hotel in Downtown Detroit today (April 16).
AAA rates more properties than any other rating entity. It is the only rating system that conducts professional, onsite evaluations using published guidelines weighted by member priorities.
SOURCE AAA Michigan