WASHINGTON, May 24, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- AARP announced today the lineup of 30 semi-finalists in its AARP Innovation Champion Awards competition. The contest recognizes and rewards innovation in caregiving. The public is encouraged to vote for the most innovative products and services beginning May 24 through 11:59 PM EDT June 2. Winners will be announced in June.
"Our semi-finalists are an impressive representation of the innovation that's ready to help people live their best lives as they age," said Anne Marie Kilgallon, AARP's Vice President of Enterprise Strategy and Innovation. "It's opportunities like this competition that encourage innovators to make a difference--in this case, helping to ease the incredibly difficult but rewarding work of a caregiver. We're proud to be part of something so powerful."
The pool of submissions was culled to five semi-finalists in each of six categories. The finalists and Grand Prize Winner will be selected by AARP's panel of judges: Rich Tehrani, Group Editor in Chief, TMC: Technology Marketing Corp.; Bill Horne, Executive Editor, AARP The Magazine; Robin Raskin, Founder, Living in Digital Times; Patricia Moore, President, Moore Designs; Amy Goyer, Author and AARP's Family and Caregiving Expert.
Following is the list of semi-finalists per category. Detail on each innovation can be found at aarp.org/innovationaward.
Daily Essential Activities
- Wheel Pad; Your Home, Accessible Now
Caregiver Quality of Life
- RAPAEL Smart Glove Home
- EverSafe: Protecting a Lifetime of Savings
- LIVI at Home – Automated Medication Dispenser
Health and Safety Awareness
- HomeEXCEPT – Smart Sensors for EXCEPTional Peace of Mind
- Smart T-shirt with Stick (1-channel electrocardiograph) and Portable 12-leads electrocardiograph
- SnapMD Virtual Care Management (VCM) Telemedicine Platform
- SirenCare Smart Socks
- Palette- a Cognitive Dietitian to Drive Behavior Change with Life Data for Diabetics and Providers
- LIGHTHOUSE @ Home
- On Your Behalf
- CareXChange – The Online Village for Caregivers and their Loved Ones
- ElliQ, the active aging companion
- Solera Health
- Digital Health Concierge
- Golden – Financial Caregiving
- Caresponsive Voice AI Post-Discharge Follow-up Service
- Jam Ramp
Submissions were evaluated against a range of criteria including:
- Ageless Innovation: does the entrant deliver innovation that caters to all age groups?
- Design: does the entrant challenge the status quo in look and feel, user interface, user experience, durability, etc?
- Benefits: how does the entrant make a difference in people's lives?
- Technology: does the entrant use new technology or use existing technology in a new way?
- Business model: does the entrant have a new approach to its revenue plan?
- Safety: does the entrant provide enhanced safety compared to competing offerings?
Click here for contest rules.
The public can vote here for the top innovations in caregiving. Results of the public vote will be used to break a tie.
AARP is the nation's largest nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to empowering Americans 50 and older to choose how they live as they age. With nearly 38 million members and offices in every state, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, AARP works to strengthen communities and advocate for what matters most to families with a focus on health security, financial stability and personal fulfillment. AARP also works for individuals in the marketplace by sparking new solutions and allowing carefully chosen, high-quality products and services to carry the AARP name. As a trusted source for news and information, AARP produces the world's largest circulation publications, AARP The Magazine and AARP Bulletin. To learn more, visit www.aarp.org or follow @AARP and @AARPadvocates on social media.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/aarp-reveals-semi-finalists-for-innovation-champion-awards-public-invited-to-vote-through-june-2-300463551.html