PHILADELPHIA, Jan. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Spring Break is around the corner and ABC City Guides for Kids has released its annual Top 7 Family Destinations list. According to Family Travel expert, Matthew Rosenberger, 2012 will be another strong year for family travel.
- Pittsburgh, PA – Heinz History Center and the Carnegie Science Center are world class. Ride the Duquesne Incline for the best view of Kidsburgh and the city's 3 Rivers. Visit Primanti Bros., the Strip District and Andy Warhol Museum.
- Atlantic City, NJ – So much more than casinos here, visit the Absecon Lighthouse, Historic Gardner's Basin, Steel Pier and Ripley Museum, then enjoy salt water taffy on America's first Boardwalk or at the beach. Visit Tony's for great pizza and the other White House for a submarine sandwich.
- Times Square, New York – See the Gazillion Bubble Show on Broadway, ride the Giant Ferris Wheel inside Toys "R" Us, and visit the Hershey and M&M super stores. At the end of the day, grab a seat on the red steps in Father Duffy Square and soak in the sights and sounds of the Crossroads of the World.
- Chicago, IL – Plan a summer visit during the Taste of Chicago Festival. Schedule plenty of time for Museum Campus, Navy Pier and the Art Institute. Lincoln Park Zoo, Lake Michigan and Wrigley Field are mandatory stops. Wind down with a stroll on Michigan Avenue.
- Philadelphia, PA – Start at the Rocky statue then race to the top of the Art Museum steps and plan a city sculpture scavenger hunt. Stop by the Franklin Institute and Mummers Museum then grab "one wit" at Geno's or Pat's in South Philly before heading to a Phillies game.
- Louisville, KY— The Louisville Slugger Museum may have the best "factory" tour in the country. Visit Churchill Downs, Ali Museum, and Louisville Stoneware factory and gallery. Kids will want to eat every meal at Lynn's Paradise Cafe.
- Washington, DC – The Smithsonian Museums, International Spy Museum and Newseum will be bustling all year. Plan a visit during the National Cherry Blossom Festival and catch a Nats game too.
About ABC City Guides for Kids:
ABC City Guides for Kids, has been producing all-in-one alphabet book, activity guide and souvenir books since 2003. For more information visit http://www.kidstravelguides.com
SOURCE ABC City Guides for Kids