AUSTIN, Texas, Nov. 2, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Abila, the leading provider of software and services to nonprofits, associations, and government entities, announced today a number of key feature enhancements to its award-winning true fund accountingTM family of solutions for nonprofits, including Abila MIP Fund AccountingTM and cloud-based MIP AdvanceTM. Enhancements include key changes to the system to ensure Affordable Care Act (ACA) compliance, expanded API capabilities for seamless integration, and security improvements.
"Affordable Care Act compliance and reporting is going to be very important for nonprofit organizations in 2016," said Erin Shy, Abila's vice president of product management. "We've made important updates and enhancements that will help organizations of all sizes be in compliance with ACA reporting, as well as improve integration and security."
MIP Fund Accounting and MIP Advance enhancements include:
- Improved Affordable Care Act reporting: Key changes to data transferred between MIP and reporting partners ensure that organizations easily comply with key reporting requirements.
- Expanded alerting: Includes a new alert for check writing without a vendor ID. Should a check be written without an associated vendor ID, selected members of a distribution list (both within MIP and outside the system) will receive a notification, and can take the appropriate action.
- Synchronize with external systems: REST-based API improvements cut down on time-intensive exporting, data transformation, and importing activities at organizations. Configure the API to automatically import and export budget and general ledger transactions to other systems, whether on-premises or in the cloud.
- Simple budget transaction entry (MIP Advance only): Users can now create and manage budgets using the new Web interface in MIP Advance.
- Auto-incrementing (MIP Advance only): MIP Advance now features auto-incrementing of journal entries and other transaction types, decreasing the time spent entering transactions.
To learn more about MIP Fund Accounting and MIP Advance, visit: http://www.abila.com/solutions/fund-accounting/
Abila is the leading provider of software and services to nonprofits, associations, and governmental entities that help them improve decision making, execute with greater precision, increase engagement, and generate more revenue. With Abila solutions, association and nonprofit professionals can use data and personal insight to make better financial and strategic decisions, enhance member and donor engagement and value, operate more efficiently and effectively, and increase revenue to better activate their mission. Abila combines decades of industry insight with technology know-how to serve more than 8,000 customers across North America. For more information, please visit www.abila.com.