LONDON, Oct. 11, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- NetSuite Inc. (NYSE: N), the industry's leading provider of cloud financials / ERP and omnichannel commerce software suites, today announced that AbilityNet, a UK-based charity providing technology accessibility services for disabled and older people, has grown significantly while streamlining operations since moving from Sage 50 to NetSuite. AbilityNet runs mission-critical business processes on NetSuite including accounting, financials, inventory management, customer relationship management (CRM), financial reporting and customised workflows. With NetSuite, AbilityNet gained a centralised system that can automate processes and provide real-time visibility into the organisation's orders, assets and inventory, improving its audit compliance and strengthening its fundraising. Since implementing NetSuite, AbilityNet has grown to provide more than 106,000 services to disabled people in need of assistance in the last year.
AbilityNet helps people with any disability of any age use digital technology at work, at home or in education. Previously, the charity had offices across the UK running with silos of information in Excel and Access databases scattered across its locations and shared through email, along with an aging Sage 50 on-premise system for accounting. As AbilityNet grew to serve more people, it outgrew Sage and also needed to eliminate the multiple disparate systems it was running on and install a centralised system for greater administrative control and auditing.
"In our evaluation, it was clear that NetSuite had the power to go well beyond other products," said Eliot Martin, Operations Director at AbilityNet. "We saw a development roadmap that offered great functionality that we could utilise to scale our business. We've been able to take advantage of that flexibility and continued development for more than a decade."
To further support this worthy cause, NetSuite, through its Corporate Citizenship arm NetSuite.org which offers free and discounted software to qualified nonprofits and social enterprises, donated licenses of its software suite to AbilityNet.
Since adopting NetSuite, AbilityNet has seen the following benefits:
- A flexible and powerful development platform. NetSuite's powerful SuiteCloud development platform enables AbilityNet's technical team to customise NetSuite to meet their unique business requirements and needs, specific to its complex organisational structure, working with clients, government agencies and private firms. The organisation has also developed a customised process that identifies potential disabled testers for applications or websites, and sends them an email to determine their availability and schedules the testing, all from within NetSuite. Before developing that process workflow, an administrator would need to spend a day orchestrating that process.
- Robust integration capabilities. NetSuite provides for deep integrations with complementary solutions. For example, AbilityNet has developed integrations with an organisation that provides services that serve as a precursor to AbilityNet, allowing for detailed data sharing on occupational health and accessibility, eliminating previous manual inputs, email and phone calls that were prone to error.
- Significant savings in IT costs and complexity. NetSuite's proven, secure cloud solution eliminates the hassles of managing, maintaining and upgrading business applications and offered significant savings over the previous environment.
- 360-degree customer visibility. NetSuite's unified system gives AbilityNet better visibility into the constituents it serves and the businesses it provides services and consulting for, enabling them to provide better support and service.
- Built-in business intelligence. NetSuite dashboards and automated reports give the organisation real-time access to its business performance for better decision making.
"We're constantly developing workflow and business processes, and whenever we do so we do it with NetSuite in mind," Martin said. "When we re-engineer our workflow we're overcome with what NetSuite can offer."
In 1998, NetSuite pioneered the Cloud Computing revolution, establishing the world's first company dedicated to delivering business applications over the Internet. Today, NetSuite provides a suite of cloud-based financials / Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and omnichannel commerce software that runs the business of more than 30,000 companies, organisations, and subsidiaries in more than 100 countries.
For more information about NetSuite, please visit www.netsuite.co.uk.
NOTE: NetSuite and the NetSuite logo are service marks of NetSuite Inc. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/abilitynet-fuels-its-social-mission-with-netsuite-300342439.html
SOURCE NetSuite Inc.