Abt Associates Presents Its Latest Research at International AIDS Conference
BETHESDA, Md., July 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- From research that examines the sustainability of HIV programs around the world to papers that explore the role of state and community programs in linking former prisoners to HIV care, Abt Associates will present its latest findings in HIV and AIDS research during the International AIDS Conference, held July 22-27 in Washington, D.C.
The biennial event attracts researchers from around the world who are working in the field of HIV, as well as policymakers, persons living with HIV and other individuals committed to ending the pandemic. Since the 1980s, Abt Associates has taken part in the response to the HIV epidemic in the United States and across the globe.
Highlights of Abt presentations and satellite sessions include:
Friday, July 20
- "Assessment Process for Human Resources for Health Planning Toward More Sustainable Antiretroviral Therapy (ART) and HIV Counseling and Testing (HTC) Services," presented by Wendy Wong . When: 1:45- 3:00 p.m. Where: Center for Global Development at the International AIDS Economics Network Pre-Conference Meeting, 1800 Massachusetts Ave., NW, Washington, DC
Saturday, July 21
- "Out of Pocket Expenditures and Financial Protection of HIV Services," presented by Carlos Avila and Douglas Glandon . When: 3:45 - 5:05 p.m. Where: Center for Global Development at the International AIDS Economics Network Pre-Conference Meeting, 1800 Massachusetts Ave., NW, Washington, DC
Sunday, July 22
- "HIV in Corrections and Beyond: Progress and Challenges," presented by Abt Associates and partners. When: July 22, 11:15am – 1:15pm. Where: Session Room 4, Walter Washington Convention Center
- "Health Systems 20/20 Project Satellite Session: Sustainability of Resources for HIV/AIDS Response in a Challenging Economic Climate," moderated by John Osika , Senior HIV/AIDS Advisor for Health Systems 20/20. When: 1:30 -3:30 p.m. Where: Mini Room 5, Walter E. Washington Convention Center
Monday, July 23
- "Sustainability of HIV programs: Lessons Learned from Sustainability Analyses in Four Countries," presented by Itamar Katz . When: 4:30- 6:00 p.m. Where: Session Room 4, Walter E. Washington Convention Center
Tuesday, July 24
- "Quantifying the Role of Private Health Providers in HIV Testing: Analysis of Data from 18 Countries," presented by Sara Sulzbach for Doug Johnson . When: 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Where: Mini Room 9, Walter E. Washington Convention Center
Wednesday, July 25
- SHOPS Project Satellite Session: "We're In It Together: Partnering with the Private Sector to Sustain National HIV Responses." When: 6:30- 8:30 p.m. Where: Mini-Room 3, Walter E. Washington Convention Center
- "Cost Efficiencies Associated with PMTCT Integration: Lessons from Countries," with Itamar Katz , Health Systems 20/20 project, and panelists. When: 6:30-8:30 p.m. Where: Mini Room 6, Walter E. Washington Convention Center
For more information on Abt Associates' presence at the International Aids Society Conference and for a complete schedule of events and presentations, please visit: http://www.abtassociates.com/AIDS2012.aspx
About Abt Associates
Abt Associates is a mission-driven, global leader in research and program implementation in the fields of health, social and environmental policy, and international development. Known for its rigorous approach to solving complex challenges, Abt Associates was ranked as one of the top 20 global research firms in 2011 and also named one of the top 40 international development innovators. The company has multiple offices in the U.S. and program offices in nearly 40 countries. www.abtassociates.com
SOURCE Abt Associates
More by this Source
Prominent Housing and Community Development Expert to Join Abt Associates
May 08, 2013, 19:15 ET
Abt Associates Wins Contract to Support Economic Growth in Mexico
Apr 29, 2013, 19:15 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.