Accel Partners Announces Expansion and Opening of a New York City Office
PALO ALTO, Calif. and NEW YORK, Jan. 12, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Accel Partners, a leading global venture capital and growth equity firm today announced plans to open a New York City office. Accel Partners manages over $6B globally and also has offices in Palo Alto, Bangalore, Beijing, London, New Delhi, and Shanghai.
Accel Partners has made over 15 investments in companies in the New York City area over the past 3 years, and plans to continue its active New York City-based investment pace going into 2011. Accel Partners' active New York City area investments include industry-leading startups such as: Diapers.com-Quidsi, Etsy, Squarespace, Glam Media, Collective Media, Learnvest, Bonobos, Bauble Bar, and additional seed-stage investments (listed below). Accel's new New York City office will be in the Union Square South area, at 11th & Broadway.
"The Accel team is excited to continue to increase our presence in New York. We could not be more excited about the range of extremely high-growth companies in web, mobile, and media industry segments," said Jim Breyer, Partner at Accel Partners, who was also a board member at Marvel Entertainment, based in New York for many years. "With offices in Palo Alto, Beijing, London, Bangalore, New Delhi, and now New York, Accel remains committed to partnering with outstanding entrepreneurs globally."
When asked about the expansion, Accel Partners' Theresia Gouw Ranzetta, Partner, said, "We are seeing a rise of opportunities and increasing momentum, thanks to the convergence of retail, media, fashion, and technology talent in the New York area. Where else can one find the combination of this talent diversity plus vertical depth in an entrepreneurial community?"
"The rise of cloud computing has enabled rapid innovation to occur everywhere. No longer do entrepreneurs require the significant IT expertise and resources more commonly found in Silicon Valley to launch a great idea," said Ping Li, Partner, Accel Partners. "Instead, they can focus on what they are talented in - building great products and services - no matter where they are."
In conjunction with the opening of its Manhattan office, Accel will be holding a series of career and entrepreneur networking events co-hosted with several portfolio companies in the coming year. For further information and/or to stay in touch with Accel, please email email@example.com, and follow @Accel_Partners on Twitter. For job opportunities in New York City and with all of Accel's portfolio companies across the globe, please visit www.facebook.com/accel and click on the Careers section.
Additional Accel Partners investments of note include Facebook, Groupon, Cloudera, SBNation, Atlassian Software, Riverbed, MetroPCS, SunRun, and many others - see www.facebook.com/accel for more details.
Sample of Current Accel Portfolio companies in the NYC Area
- Quidsi – Diapers.com – Parent company for leading e-commerce experiences such as www.diapers.com and www.soap.com
- Etsy – Online marketplace for handmade goods, www.etsy.com
- Squarespace – Leading website and blog publishing platform, www.squarespace.com
- Learnvest – The leading independent personal finance website for women, www.learnvest.com
- Glam – Online interactive consumer magazine, www.glam.com
- Global Grind – A social media site for all content that is relevant in the hip-hop community, www.globalgrind.com
- Bauble Bar – Where those in-the-know shop a curated selection of fashion jewelry, www.baublebar.com
- Birchbox – Delivering the best beauty products and insider secrets, without any fuss, www.birchbox.com
- Loosecubes – Rent a desk or a meeting room for a day, week, or month, www.loosecubes.com
- SalesCrunch – An online sales automation and empowerment platform, www.salescrunch.com
- Bonobos – The online home of the best-fitting men's clothing, www.bonobos.com
- Collective – A leading media and technology solutions provider for display advertising, www.collective.com
- Exclusively.In – Flash sale for Indian decor, https://exclusively.in/customer/account/login/
- Complex Media - The online advertising network for 20 something males, http://www.complexmedianetwork.com/
About Accel Partners
Founded in 1983, Accel Partners is a leading venture capital and growth equity investment firm, working with outstanding entrepreneurs to build world-class businesses. Accel today manages over $6B globally using dedicated teams and market-specific strategies for local geographies, with offices in Palo Alto, London, New Delhi, Bangalore and China through our partnership with IDG-Accel. Accel has helped entrepreneurs build over 300 successful companies, many of which have defined their categories, including Facebook, Groupon, ComScore, AdMob, Etsy, Kayak, Macromedia, MetroPCS, Playfish, QlikTech, Rapt, Real Networks, Redback Networks, Riverbed, SunRun, UUNet, Veritas, Walmart.com, and others. For more information, please visit us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/accel.
SOURCE Accel Partners
More by this Source
Accel Partners Adds Rob Solomon As Venture Partner
Apr 30, 2013, 08:32 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.