ORLANDO, Fla., Nov. 15, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- accesso Technology Group plc (AIM: ACSO) has a long history of coloring outside the lines, and its latest innovation may redefine lines altogether.
Having made its mark on leisure, entertainment and cultural markets by providing cutting-edge queuing and ticketing solutions to top attractions around the globe, accesso today revealed a shining new standard in smart park technology, accesso PrismSM, at the IAAPA Attractions Expo in Orlando, Florida. Prism is a next-generation, wearable device that heralds in a new age and new ways for theme parks, water parks and other attractions to connect with guests.
Prism – the latest offering in the accesso LoQueueSM line of virtual queuing solutions – is the most technologically advanced smart park wearable available. Using accesso's award-winning and proprietary queuing technology, guests wearing this new device can enjoy a more carefree park visit with less time spent waiting at each attraction. With just a swipe of a finger on the wristband's touch screen menu, guests take their place in the virtual queue for an attraction or show – no kiosk or smartphone required. If a ride's operation is temporarily interrupted, or a show is rescheduled, the Prism device will notify the guest of the update.
The new Prism wearable device does much more than wait in line for guests – it allows for a fully integrated smart park, creating a better, more engaging and seamless guest experience. From front gate entry, to facilitating secure cashless purchases, sending push notifications or triggering events based on guest location, Prism sets a new standard for the attractions industry.
Whether provided to all guests as part of park admission to eliminate the need to wait in any queues or offered as a premium service upgrade, Prism offers the option to deliver a more efficient, integrated, smart park experience.
"Untethered by a smartphone or rigorous pre-planning requirements, guests can now enjoy a carefree, hasslefree and waitfree experience when they visit their favorite venue," said Steve Brown, accesso CEO. "With Accesso Prism, we introduce an improved way for visitors to enjoy attractions, and for attraction operators to offer more fun, more convenience, and less waiting for their guests."
The innovative Prism design is a compact and lightweight wearable offering a variety of functions that can be uniquely adapted for a wide range of venues including theme parks, water parks, ski resorts and museums:
- Virtual Queuing – A waitfree experience as guests reserve their place in line, change their ride selections and monitor their ride return time.
- Payments – A walletfree experience with cashless payments via secure Near Field Communication (NFC) technology.
- Messaging – Push notifications for proximity-based marketing, operational updates and status of virtual queue positions.
- Photography – Automated tagging of ride and park photographs for seamless collection throughout the day.
- Access – Hasslefree entry at park turnstiles, guest lockers and resort hotel room doors.
- Intelligence – Collects guest journey information in real time and provides valuable data to inform park operations and marketing.
The proprietary accesso design delivers a multitude of sophisticated technologies that open up a whole new spectrum of possibilities for venues to enhance their guest experience:
- Communication – Robust communication protocols including Bluetooth, long range radio and Secure NFC.
- Durability – Corning Gorilla Glass® lens and waterproof design to withstand rigorous theme park and water park environments.
- Ease-of-use – Capacitive touch screen allows for simple operation by guests of all ages.
- Stand-alone operation – No requirement for guests to tether to a smart phone, visit a kiosk or preplan their visit.
- Power efficiency – Advanced hardware and software provide estimated battery life of over 200 days of virtual queuing operations.
- Comfort – Hypoallergenic, one-size-fits-all, high-performance strap.
- Adaptability – Multilingual capability for use with visitors from around the world.
To learn more about accesso Prism and accesso's other technology solutions, visit www.accesso.com.
About accesso Technology Group
accesso (AIM: ACSO) is the premier technology solutions provider to leisure, entertainment and cultural markets. Our patented and award-winning technology solutions drive increased revenue for attraction operators while improving the guest experience.
Our solutions add value to operators at every point of the guest experience with our technology facilitating the key points of contact with their many millions of guests.
We drive attendance
The accesso Passport® and accesso ShoWareSM ticketing suites are comprehensive, easy-to-use cloud solutions that process tens of millions of tickets every year for assigned seat and general admission venues, enabling operators to maximize up-sell and cross-sell with ease to drive greater revenue.
We handle payments
Our payment gateway carries level 1 PCI security certification and 24/7 support. It provides the tools, security and support operators need to drive sales and has so far processed more than $5 billion in transactions.
We take guests out of line
Since 2001 more than 11 million guests have used a patented accesso LoQueue solution to queue less, ride more, enjoy a better experience and increase in-attraction spend.
We simplify point-of-sale
Our accesso SiriuswareSM point-of-sale solution offers software modules that combine ticketing, membership, retail, food/beverage transactions, rentals, credit card processing and many other functions into a single system eliminating the need for separate systems and databases.
More than 1,000 attractions and venues worldwide currently employ accesso technology – from theme parks, water parks, cultural attractions, live performance venues and sporting events to ski and snow parks. We are proud that the majority of the leading names in the leisure industry including Six Flags Entertainment, Cedar Fair Entertainment, Merlin Entertainments, International Speedway Corporation, Palace Entertainment, Compagnie des Alpes and Herschend Family Entertainment, trust our solutions.
accesso is a public company, listed on AIM: a market operated by the London Stock Exchange. For more information visit: www.accesso.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/accesso-unveils-revolutionary-smart-park-wearable-300362677.html