NEW YORK, April 26, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The Accordant Media "Programmatic Media Market Pulse: Q1 2016" report released today shows that programmatic media trading volume maintained robust growth rates both globally and in North America. At the same time, the report's Spotlight section reveals that cross-device media interactions increased conversion rates by nearly 20% compared to siloed media tactics. Highlights of the report include:
- Q1 2016 RTB media auction volume jumped 217% year-over-year. North American exchange-traded inventory rose 165% year-over-year and 34% in Q1, marking strong gains on the heels of the holiday season.
- The push for quality inventory via programmatic continues, and the marketplace is now more transparent as a result. Publisher pre-bid data signals were available in 11% more auctions in Q1 2016 compared to Q1 2015.
- A focus on quality: Viewability improved by 62% year-over-year, while non-human traffic (NHT) decreased by 81%.
- Smartphones took a commanding hold of the mobile programmatic marketplace in Q1 2016. Smartphones accounted for 71% of all mobile programmatic transactions in Q1, up from 59% in Q4.
- In this quarter's Spotlight, Accordant Media research reveals how cross-device marketing can lead to a 19% higher conversion rate.
"The programmatic media marketplace continues to expand even off of the impressive momentum recorded during 2015," said Arthur Muldoon, Accordant Media CEO & Co-founder. "It was also very significant to recognize the significant attention and progress being made towards protecting marketer's media budgets against non-human traffic and viewability threats."
"Cross-device marketing has become an industry imperative," said Matthew Greitzer, Accordant Media COO & Co-founder. "Our Q1 Spotlight feature clearly validates that strategy with evidence of notable bumps in conversion with cross-device versus siloed media investments."
About Accordant Media
Accordant Media makes advertising investments more successful for marketers by unlocking the value of audience data. Through a unique combination of sophisticated data management and activation technologies, expert service and industry-leading transparency, we give marketers more insights and accountability to drive (cost) effective results at scale.
Our comprehensive Accordant ATS™ solution has helped us attract leading marketing teams as our clients. Accordant, founded in 2010, was established by digital industry leaders from Avenue A | Razorfish, Aegis Media, Akamai and DoubleClick.
Accordant Media has offices in New York City, San Francisco, Chicago and London. www.accordantmedia.com
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/accordant-medias-q1-market-pulse-report-shows-217-jump-in-programmatic-volume-amidst-better-viewability-and-nht-controls-300257686.html
SOURCE Accordant Media