ALISO VIEJO, Calif., Oct. 12, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- According to Buy.com, The Internet Superstore™, the Angry Birds of mobile app fame will be taking "flight" as a top Halloween costume, along with Iron Man, zombies and pirates. With less than 18 days until Halloween, these costumes are topping sales on Buy.com where shoppers can find more than 60,000 costumes, along with an array of Halloween decorations and accessories.
With a wide variety of Halloween offerings, Buy.com sees clear trends emerging based on sales to date. Last year, vampires were among the most sought-after costumes and decorations due to popular movies and books; this year they are locked in the crypt as adults go for laughs, while kids are taking cues from comic books. The following are the top-trending items in popular categories:
- Adult Costume – Angry Birds not only rule the mobile world, but also rule Halloween, taking the top spot as the most sought-after costume.
- Couples Costume – Bacon and eggs are not just good for breakfast but also great for bringing couples together on Halloween.
- Kids Costumes – Captain America got a boost from this year's movie and is battling dinosaurs for the lead in the heated kids costumes competition.
- Baby Costume – Every dog truly has its day, as puppy costumes are outselling other baby costumes.
- Accessories – Harry Potter and zombie accessories are evenly matched as the most popular final touches for costumes.
- Decorations – This Halloween will be shining brightly with glow products, such as glow sticks, stickers, bracelets, etc.
"Thanks to our tremendous catalog of products and wide array of partners offering Halloween gear, we are able to gauge clear trends emerging for this Halloween season," said Neel Grover, CEO and president of Buy.com. "Adding amazing resellers such as Costume Kingdom, BuyCostumes and Costume Supercenter have helped us expand the Buy.com Halloween selection exponentially. We offer a one-stop shop for a fun and safe Halloween."
The Buy.com Halloween store features everything from costumes to accessories to party supplies. For peace-of-mind when shopping, Buy.com is the largest U.S. online retail marketplace to offer 45 days for product returns (longer than the 30-day industry standard policy), with no restocking fees. To start shopping, visit Buy.com's Halloween store at: http://www.buy.com/loc/buy-com-halloween-costume-center/66218.html
With more than 18 million customers, Buy.com is a leading retail marketplace, focused on providing its customers with a great shopping experience and a broad selection of retail goods at everyday low prices. Buy.com offers millions of products in a range of categories, including consumer electronics, computer hardware and software, cell phones, books, music, DVDs, games, toys, bags, fragrance, home and outdoor, baby, jewelry, shoes, apparel and sporting goods. Founded in June 1997, Buy.com is headquartered in Aliso Viejo, Calif., and owned by Rakuten, Japan's leading Internet Company. Together, Rakuten and Buy.com represent one of the world's largest online retail marketplaces, offering consumers more than 70 million products from nearly 37,000 merchants around the globe.
Buy.com® and The Internet Superstore™ are trademarks of Buy.com Inc.