OAK BROOK, Ill., Dec. 13, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Ace Hardware, the largest retailer-owned hardware cooperative in the world, has unveiled winter 2016 and 2017's paint and design trends curated by Ace's Design Experts Nathan Fischer (Orange County, Calif.), Katie Reynolds (Atlanta, Ga.) and Julie Richard (Boston, Mass.). This winter's trends feature crisp, rich tones and airy neutrals to help consumers create a timeless and versatile space as they celebrate the season.
Soft whites and grays reminiscent of a winter snowfall, layered with hints of bold, dramatic reds and purples, take center stage to create a classic palette ideal for any style or space. "There is nothing I love more than sitting in a cozy chair and looking out my window to a fresh snowfall," said Richard. "Bringing these awe-inspiring shades of winter whites and deep, natural hues, paired with undertones of warm, calming colors indoors will create an effortless oasis that can be enjoyed year-round."
Ace's Design Experts, Julie, Nathan and Katie have compiled their top Clark+Kensington color choices for winter, with corresponding décor tips to help consumers bring these colors into areas of their home.
- Paint a fireplace in contrasting neutrals such as Charcoal Cashmere N-C14, a deep gray, and a bright, crisp white like Illumination CW-C5 to freshen up the look of a living or family room.
- To create a dramatic contrast in bedrooms and powder rooms, try pairing pale gray shades like Garden Stone N-C10 or Sheer Mist N-C9 on the walls with soft, black accent lamps and side tables in the shade Black Chiffon N-C15.
- Winter is a great time to experiment with bold, rich pops of color. Try painting a kitchen island, doors or windowpanes in a luxurious purple like OPI Color Palette by Clark+Kensington's Lincoln Park After Dark NLW42 for an instant upgrade.
- Balance cool grays such as Stone Fireplace N-C12 with white accents of Designer White 1066 for a sophisticated and clean look in a space.
- Soft purples are very popular this season. Try pairing a lilac shade such as Sleepover 42D-1 with a muted, purple tone like Saint Germain 42A-3 in a bedroom to create a relaxing undertone that wraps the room in cozy, comforting color.
- Bring an upscale look into the home by painting a bold black like Black Onyx NLT02 from the OPI Color Palette by Clark+Kensington on a smaller accent piece to bring effortless drama into a high traffic area, like a family room.
- It's not winter without incorporating a brilliant holiday red into your home. Try Bold and Beautiful 06D-5 in a high gloss finish on a vintage mirror or picture frame for a striking, festive color pop in a living room or dining room.
- When experimenting with wall colors, try pairing bold shades with off-whites such as the OPI Color Palette by Clark+Kensington shade Don't Touch My Tutu! NLT52 on trim.
- Grayish purples like Foggy Port 39A-4 and Silver Rose 40A-3 are great for staple pieces such as headboards, as they provide a regal feel that can tie various hues together – both neutral and bold alike.
Winter's natural palette offers endless home inspiration. Ace's Design Experts have compiled their top design and décor tips for to help consumers effortlessly upgrade their home:
- Adding textural pillows, such as linen or fur, as finishing touches creates a luxurious, layered effect in a bedroom or living room.
- Natural wood pairs well with any palette, especially one of gray, black and white. Balance cooler gray tones with warmer wood on coffee tables and shelving throughout a space.
- Try incorporating white framing mats around black and white photos or artwork to create a crisp, clean look in heavily utilized spaces, like living or family rooms.
- When choosing marbles and granites for a kitchen or bathroom, make sure the undertones in your stone complement the undertones in the wall color you choose. For example, a Carrara stone looks best with cooler white hues.
- Swapping out doorknobs and hinges is a quick and easy way to give an old door new life. Try pairing a fresh coat of paint with nickel or matte brass door hardware.
Clark+Kensington®, a premium line of paint+primer in one, is available exclusively at the Paint Studio at Ace. The paint line features designer-selected hues that cover the entire color spectrum to provide homeowners with a selection of beautiful, livable colors.
Designed to help homeowners find the perfect paint color, The Paint Studio at Ace features eye-catching color racks, unique pullout drawers and easy to use color cards to simplify the color selection process. Paired with the helpful service and knowledgeable advice customers can expect from Ace associates, The Paint Studio at Ace provides a world-class paint experience right in consumers' neighborhood hardware stores.
For more information on Clark+Kensington or Ace's Design Experts, please stop by your neighborhood Ace or visit www.thepaintstudio.com.
About Ace Hardware
For more than 90 years, Ace Hardware has been known as the place with the helpful hardware folks in thousands of neighborhoods across America, providing customers with a more personal kind of helpful. In 2016, Ace ranked "Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Home Improvement Retail Stores, Ten Years in a Row," according to J.D. Power. With more than 4,900 hardware stores locally owned and operated across the globe, Ace is the largest retailer-owned hardware cooperative in the world. Headquartered in Oak Brook, Ill., Ace and its subsidiaries currently operate 17 distribution centers in the U.S. and have distribution capabilities in Ningbo, China; Colon, Panama; and Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Its retailers' stores are located in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and approximately 60 countries. For more information on Ace, visit www.acehardware.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ace-hardware-reveals-the-must-have-paint-color-and-decor-trends-for-winter-300376856.html
SOURCE Ace Hardware