Achieve Unmatched Power Efficiency and Higher Reliability for Industrial Control and Automation with 60V, 2.5A Voltage Regulator
Maxim Integrated's high-voltage regulator reduces heat dissipation, improves reliability; reduces space by up to 50% and component count by 75%.
SAN JOSE, Calif., Sept. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- System designers can now achieve more efficiency across a wide industrial voltage range with the MAX17503 synchronously-rectified DC-DC step-down converter from Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. (NASDAQ: MXIM). By integrating two MOSFET switches and eliminating an external Schottky diode, the MAX17503 delivers higher power efficiency, operating 50% cooler than any other industrial high-voltage DC-DC converter. It operates from 4.5V to 60V and delivers up to 2.5A output current. The MAX17503 saves up to 50% space and reduces component count by 75%.
Industrial equipment has been shrinking with no heatsinks or fans. System designers also struggle to secure enough design margins against input voltage transients to meet fail-safe standards. The MAX17503 provides the widest input operating voltage range, significantly reduces heat dissipation, and improves reliability. Designers with widely varying loads can use pulse-frequency modulation (PFM) for enhanced efficiency at light load currents. Specifically designed for industrial control and automation applications, the MAX17503 is ideal for programmable logic controllers (PLCs), process variable transmitters (PVTs), computerized numerical control (CNC), and distributed I/O modules in industrial process control, motor control, power grid, and building automation applications.
- High efficiency: 50% cooler vs. prevalent asynchronous solutions.
- Robust design: 60V operation extends design margin for harsh industrial systems, eliminating external protection circuitry.
- Ease of design: Internal compensation across the output voltage and 200kHz to 2.2MHz switching frequency range.
- Lower solution cost and smaller size: Up to 75% fewer external components lower costs; integrated MOSFETs and fewer external components reduce solution size by up to 50%.
- "Synchronous rectification in switching regulators at high voltages and currents on a single chip requires advanced process technology and innovative IC design," said Anil Telikepalli, Director of Business Management at Maxim Integrated. "As the first company to bring synchronous rectification to high-voltage applications, Maxim delivers unparalleled power efficiency and size advantage to industrial customers who can now leap frog their competition."
Availability and Pricing
- Available in a 20-pin, 4mm x 4mm TQFN package.
- Specified over the -40°C to +125°C temperature range.
- Pricing starts at $1.94 (1000-up, FOB USA).
The MAX17503 is the newest member of the company's high-voltage buck regulator family, which includes the MAX15062, MAX17501, and MAX17502. Hi-res images for the MAX17503 end application and MAX17503 block diagram are available. An EE-Sim online simulation tool will be available in November.
About Maxim Integrated
At Maxim Integrated, our designs make the world more integrated. And with analog integration, the possibilities are endless. In Fiscal 2013, we reported revenues of $2.4 billion.
SOURCE Maxim Integrated Products, Inc.
More by this Source
Maxim Integrated To Issue $500 Million Of Senior Notes
Nov 14, 2013, 16:01 ET
Maxim Integrated To Present At Upcoming Investor Conferences
Nov 14, 2013, 16:00 ET
Factories Turn to Integrated System Designs to Improve Operation, Save Power and Time
Oct 28, 2013, 09:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.