ACL Announces 2014 Impact Award Winners at Annual Customer Celebration Government Agency Receives Grand Prize Award For Transformative Use of Software
DALLAS, June 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- ACL, the company that is transforming audit and risk, today announced the winners of its 16th Annual Impact Awards. This premier recognition for audit, finance, compliance, and risk professionals celebrates the outstanding achievements of customers that have made a significant, positive impact on business processes and operations through the use of ACL technology. Award categories highlight the various ways ACL software can be applied to achieve different initiatives and solve complex problems. This year's winners hail from Australia Post, CHC Helicopter, National Audit Department of Malaysia, Office of the Comptroller General of Canada, TD Financial Group, and the University of Ottawa.
This year's Grand Prize Award Winner, the National Audit Department of Malaysia, has used ACL's data analysis software to dramatically improve its government audit processes. The IT Audit team conducts monthly analysis of financial data from 23 branches and successfully verified transactions worth RM 475 billion through continuous auditing processes. The team is also paving the way for other public sector organizations to improve their audit processes by sharing knowledge and data analysis best practices with various government departments, ministries, and agencies in 19 other countries.
"ACL's data analysis solutions have been instrumental in certifying financial statements for the Federal Government and 11 State Government accounts," said Y Hamdan Mohd Dom, Deputy Director of IT Audit at the National Audit Department of Malaysia. "Our application of ACL software in public sector audits has been so powerfully effective that it is now an organizational policy and Key Performance Indicator (KPI)."
"We are constantly amazed by the innovative ways ACL technology is used to improve business processes and create solutions for organizations in various industries across the globe," said Laurie Schultz, President and CEO of ACL. "We'd like to congratulate this year's winners, whose inspiring work is a testament to the ongoing transformation of the profession."
This year's Impact Award winners are:
- Grand Prize Award: Y Hamdan Mohd Dom, Deputy Director, IT Audit, National Audit Department of Malaysia
- Business Impact Award: Blair Richards, Senior Manager; James Hillier, Manager; and the Internal Audit team, Australia Post
- GRC Visionary Award: Paul King, Senior Vice President & Chief Information Officer, CHC Helicopter
- Ultimate Scripter Award: Carlo Lisi, Senior Audit Manager, Audit Analytics, TD Financial Group
- Technology Innovation Award: David Coderre, Public Servant in Residence, Telfer School of Management, University of Ottawa; and Christian Lohyer, Manager, Office of the Comptroller General of Canada
The Impact Award winners will be honored at the sold-out annual customer conference, ACL Connections 2014, taking place June 1 – 4 at the InterContinental Dallas in the heart of Dallas, Texas. Awards will be presented during the 2014 Impact Awards Presentation Luncheon on Tuesday, June 3rd.
- To view ACL customer case studies, visit: www.acl.com/customers/case-studies/case-studies
- For the latest news and views on audit, governance, risk management, compliance, and fraud, visit: www.acl.com/blog
- Follow ACL on Twitter: @ACLServices
- Join ACL on LinkedIn: www.acl.com/LinkedIn
- Like ACL on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ACLServices
ACL delivers software solutions that are transforming audit, compliance, and risk management to give organizations unprecedented control over their business. www.acl.com
© 2014 ACL Services Ltd. ACL and the ACL logo are registered trademarks of ACL Services Ltd. All other company and product names are trademarks of their respective owners.