MONTGOMERY, Minn., Nov. 15, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The decorative laminates industry will exceed $40 billion globally by 2018 for applications including cabinets, furniture, wall coverings & panels, store fixtures, flooring, and countertops (Freedonia, 2014). Historically, this market has been dominated by products containing formaldehyde and vinyl (PVC), and surface patterns selected from catalogs. Moving forward, Millennials want eco-friendly materials and image customization without compromising durability and cost. Biovation Acquisition Company announces the opportunity to purchase several patented technologies and related assets that address these trends:
- BioSurf: Award-winning, eco-friendly decorative film which offers custom-digital imagery, transparent scratch-and-chemical resistant surfacing, high formability, and on-demand production using modular, low-capex equipment.
- BioFire: Eco-friendly, fire-resistant architectural surfacing, bringing a more decorative surface to intumescents and other fire-resistant coatings.
- MicroPly: Eco-friendly, custom-digital, decorative laminate platform that provides a formaldehyde-free alternative for flooring, countertops, and other applications.
- Stratus: Digital printing that strikingly aligns images with 3-D texture using standard multilayer printers.
- Digital Image Collection: 121 custom-developed, high-resolution digital images that can expand the decorative-surfacing library of market incumbents, or provide a path to compete for new market entrants.
- Digital Printer: TruePress Jet 2500 UV Inkjet wide-format printer (accepts 98-inch wide sheets and rolls), providing a high-quality, low-cost way to enter the digital surfacing, signage, and print markets.
Our "eco-designed assets" (BioSurf, BioFire, and MicroPly) use commercially available corn-based polylactic acid (PLA) films as digitally vibrant and cost-competitive alternatives to PVC and formaldehyde-laden materials that raise health concerns.
Our "print-related assets" (Stratus, Digital Image Collection, and Digital Printer) focus on surface aesthetics and image access/printing, for use with any substrate type (e.g., with our eco-designed products or any other substrates). BioFire and MicroPly have been prototyped, while the remaining assets are all production proven. Potential asset buyers (decorative surfacing incumbents or entrepreneurs seeking a startup platform) may value these technologies offensively (enabling new-product offerings) or defensively (combating the diversification of others).
Interest from multiple parties prompts us to sell these assets via sealed bids. View our one-page summary (http://34.gs/BAC-Asset-Overview) to learn more about each asset and the bidding process. Bids must be received by 12/09/16 for consideration.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/acquisition-opportunity-biovation-to-sell-custom-digital--eco-friendly-decorative-laminate--surfacing-technology-assets-300363015.html
SOURCE Biovation Acquisition Company