WELLESLEY, Mass., Dec. 3, 2010 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The new book Action Trumps Everything explains how the power of entrepreneurial thought and action -- at home and work -- brings people closer to their life dreams.
It shows the reader how to think like a successful entrepreneur and make the right decisions in an increasingly uncertain and chaotic world.
- Len Schlesinger is President of Babson College, the top-ranked business school for entrepreneurship.
- Charles Kiefer is President of Innovation Associates and has for 30 years used his concept of high-performing teams to help technology organizations increase their innovation successes.
- A long-time contributor to The New York Times, Paul B. Brown is a former writer and editor for Business Week, Financial World, Forbes and Inc.
The Power of CreAction
The authors have identified CreAction -- a reasoning that blends creating and action -- to propel the entrepreneurial thinker forward.
As the essential core of ETA, CreAction has been shown to be highly effective in navigating the unpredictable situations we face every day in our personal and professional worlds.
Action Trumps Everything -- Creating What You Want In An Uncertain World lays out an action plan with examples to deepen understanding of key concepts. Each chapter also includes takeaway tips to quickly turn readers into confident CreActionists.
- Everyone can do this.
- CreAction and Predictive Reasoning--which to use when and where?
- Desire....what do you want to create?
- Entrepreneurial Action, CreAction and its 4 building blocks.
- 16 reasons why Action Trumps Thinking.
- Affordable Loss--pay only what you can afford to lose.
- CreAction Community--bring other people along who share your vision.
- Everything including a problem is an asset (if handled correctly).
- Beyond venturing -- using CreAction everywhere else.
- How to use CreAction in today's organizations--a guide for managers.
- Using CreAction with family and friends.
- How ETA can make a better world.
- Authors answer the difficult questions.
Go to www.ActionTrumpsEverything.com to download the book for free.
After you read the book:
- Join the conversation on the blog and share your life stories.
- Let us know what struck a chord with you, what works and what doesn't work for you, and how you have applied or are applying some of these ideas in your life.
Charles F. Kiefer, Leonard A. Schlesinger, with Paul B. Brown
Black Ink Press 2010
About The Authors
Leonard A. Schlesinger, the 12th president of Babson College, is the former vice chairman and chief operating officer of Limited Brands.
His academic career includes 20 years at Harvard Business School where he served as the George Fisher Baker Jr. Professor of Business Administration. Len is the author or co-author of nine books, including The Value Profit Chain (Free Press), The Service Profit Chain (Free Press) and The Real Heroes of Business . . . and Not a CEO among Them (Doubleday).
Charles Kiefer is president of Innovation Associates, the firm which helped pioneer the body of concepts and methods now called organizational learning that enable large organizations to innovate, and to change from being driven by circumstance and managed through compliance, to being characterized by aspiration and deep commitment.
Today, Charlie helps global companies leverage the human side of their enterprise primarily by working with executives and their teams to improve the quality of their thought.
He worked on the staff of the United States Senate and the administrative staff of MIT.
A long-time contributor to The New York Times, Paul B. Brown is a former writer and editor for Business Week, Financial World, Forbes and Inc. He is the author (or co-author) of numerous best-sellers, including Customers for Life (Doubleday) written with Carl Sewell.
Paul is a contributing editor to both the MIT Sloan Management Review and The Conference Board Review.
About Babson College
Babson College is the educator, convener, and thought leader for Entrepreneurship of All Kinds™. The College is a dynamic living and learning laboratory, where students, faculty, and staff work together to address real-world problems--while at the same time evolving our methods and advancing our programs. We shape the leaders our world needs most: those who can envision and navigate change, accommodate ambiguity, surmount complexity, and motivate teams in a common purpose to create economic and social value. As we have for nearly 100 years, Babson continues to advance Entrepreneurial Thought and Action®--our guiding principle--as the most positive force on the planet.
This news release was issued on behalf of Newswise™. For more information, visit http://www.newswise.com.
SOURCE Babson College