OneSite automates the five most challenging aspects of migrating a large enterprise organization with 10,000+ endpoints from Altiris™ to SCCM, including:
- Reading the Altiris™ database and converting all software releases automatically into SCCM applications, saving administrators from months of tedious effort to recreate them.
- Migrating all remote cached content on Altiris™ package servers into each facility's OneSite Virtual Storage Area Network (SAN), boosting performance and protecting the WAN by eliminating the need to re-download content.
- Converting the Altiris™ client-cached content to SCCM content, preserving any locally cached data on clients.
- Installing the SCCM client on Windows systems enterprise-wide for parallel operation during transition to ensure that no disruption occurs.
- Uninstalling the Altiris™ client in stages as Altiris™ is carefully decommissioned.
The solution is available now for companies looking to expedite the migration to SCCM. Interested Altiris customers can also request a demo from Adaptiva to see the solution in action. A brochure with more information is available for download at: http://www2.adaptiva.com/altiris_to_sccm/migrationtools.
Adaptiva is a leading, global provider of IT systems management solutions that advance the power of Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM). Founded in 2004 by the lead architect of Microsoft SMS 2003, Adaptiva enables IT professionals to securely speed enterprise-wide software deployments without adding costly servers or throttling network bandwidth. The company's breakthrough peer-to-peer systems management technology uses intelligence, automation, and bandwidth optimization techniques to distribute content faster than any other systems management solution available today. Adaptiva's suite of smart scaling systems management products includes OneSite™ for rapid content distribution and management, Client Health™ for endpoint security, troubleshooting, and remediation, and Green Planet™ for energy-efficient power management and patching. The company's software is used by Fortune 500 companies and deployed on millions of devices in over 100 countries. Learn more at adaptiva.com.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20141028/154729LOGO
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/adaptiva-unveils-solution-to-speed-enterprise-migrations-from-altiris-technology-to-microsoft-system-center-configuration-manager-300322656.html