Adap.tv Unveils Unified Planner: Online Video Advertising's Most Advanced, Integrated Media Planning Solution
Adap.tv Platform is the First and Only Solution to Provide Deep Functionality to Plan, Buy, Optimize and Measure Video Advertising in One Seamless System
NEW YORK, Sept. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Adap.tv today unveiled "Unified Planner," a comprehensive media planning solution that enables advertisers and agencies to easily develop media plans for digital video with the optimal selection of sites to reach specific targets and campaign goals. The announcement was made at the first annual "Adapt Conference," a look into the future of TV and video advertising from the perspectives of the industry executives, influencers and innovators shaping the market's future.
Unified Planner is seamlessly integrated into the Adap.tv Platform, which provides a holistic and automated system to plan, buy, optimize and measure video advertising.
"In today's highly fragmented media environment, using Adap.tv's integrated system allows advertisers to plan and buy online video much more effectively," said Toby Gabriner , President of Adap.tv. "In minutes, an optimal digital video media plan can be created, leveraging the best data sources available, such as Nielsen. Planners can then easily buy the recommended inventory, automatically optimize the campaign once it launches, and measure its effectiveness using both TV- and online-based metrics."
Traditionally, planning, buying, and managing video advertising has been cumbersome and disjointed for advertising agencies and brand marketers. Each part of the process is highly manual, requiring planners and buyers to juggle multiple data sources and spreadsheets, perform significant ad-hoc data analysis, and make subjective decisions based on inconsistent or often missing data. Media planners have faced challenges in identifying the most effective potential sites for specific demographic targets and campaign goals, in projecting results of the overall plan and each potential inventory source, and in seeing the tradeoffs of different decisions.
Typically, different siloed software and data are used for each core part of managing video, with one set of tools for planning, a separate set for buying, and yet another for optimization and measurement. The result is sub-optimal campaign performance, inefficiency, long lead times, and the risk of errors. In contrast, by providing comprehensive planning capabilities as part of an integrated platform for managing video, Adap.tv's Unified Planner delivers a unified way to maximize campaign performance.
Unified Planner features powerful new media planning capabilities:
- The ability to specify target audiences and campaign goals, including parameters such as reach, frequency and TRPs.
- A complete digital video plan to meet desired goals, including: specific recommended sites that can most effectively deliver the target audience; a forecast of reach and frequency for each site; and the expected performance of the overall campaign including unduplicated reach and frequency, total costs, and cost-per-point. The plan looks agnostically at all potential inventory sources, including premium sources only available through direct buys, as well as efficiency sources that are available through online marketplaces.
- Media plan recommendations and measurements based on data from trusted, industry-standard sources such as Nielsen, as well as in-market performance data from the Adap.tv Marketplace, the largest video exchange in North America.
- The ability to quickly make changes to the plan and instantly see the impact on forecasted campaign results.
- Access to a unified set of metrics, both TV-based metrics (such as GRPs, reach percent, and cost-per-point) or digital metrics (such as impressions, unique viewers, and CPM).
- The ability to easily buy any and all inventory sources recommended in the plan across any buy model: spot, RTB, upfront commitment, or direct buy via insertion order. Online sources can be purchased in minutes, and direct buys can be streamlined through automated RFP tools.
Adap.tv's Unified Planner is now in testing with select customers and will be released more broadly in late 2012 as part of the Adap.tv Platform.
Adap.tv builds technology that destroys the inefficiencies of television and video advertising. It delivers a programmatic way to plan, buy, sell and measure across multiple sources, screens and methods of transacting. Adap.tv is comprised of two operational units – the Adap.tv Platform and the Adap.tv Marketplace. Using the Adap.tv Platform, advertisers, publishers and ad networks get an automated way to control and analyze inventory, pricing and ad performance. As the world's largest source of video advertising supply, the Adap.tv Marketplace has thousands of sellers and hundreds of campaigns transacting daily. Adap.tv is headquartered in San Mateo, Calif., with offices in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, London and Sydney. Adap.tv is a privately held company backed by Bessemer Venture Partners, Gemini Israel Funds, Redpoint Ventures and Spark Capital. For more information, please visit http://adap.tv/ or follow us on Twitter at @Adaptv.
More by this Source
Curt Hecht Joins Adap.tv Board of Directors
Feb 21, 2013, 14:00 ET
Adap.tv Launches First Ever In-Target Audience Optimization For Video
Feb 08, 2013, 12:51 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.