BEIJING, Oct. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Mesenchymal stem cells, or MSCs, are multipotent stromal cells that can differentiate into a variety of cell types. MSCs have been widely applied in treatments for various diseases and proved to be effective. It can encompass multipotent cells derived from both marrow tissue and other non-marrow tissues. Previously, the application of mesenchymal stem cells resourced from bone marrow was limited due to the complicated procedure and technique; however, things change now!
Adipose tissue is one of the richest sources of MSCs. In ReLife International Medical Center, we derive adipose-derived stem cells that exist in adipose tissue via liposuction. Compared to bone marrow resource mesenchymal stem cells,
- There is more than 500 times more stem cells in 1 gram of fat when compared to 1 gram of aspirated bone marrow;
- The procedure is painful to derive MSCs from bone marrow and cells derived are not easy to purify ;
- Adipose-derived stem cells are abundant in amount, easy to be collected (minor injury to patients), rapidly be cultivated, low aging-rate and low immunity. It can be cultivated and differentiated into osteoblasts (bone cells), chondrocytes (cartilage cells), and adipocytes (fat cells) ;
- The MSCs in the adipose tissue are noted to have the ability to differentiate into nerve cells, myocardial cells, endothelial cells and epithelial cells, etc. in recent years, which present a prosperous future in treating a variety of diseases .
In ReLife, we derive the MSCs from patient's own body via liposuction, which avoids the immunity attack and painful procedure. Combining the adipose-derived stem cells with gene therapy and Traditional Chinese Medicine, the innovative stem cell-based gene therapy is able to effectively treat many diseases that do not response well to conventional methods.
1. De Ugarte DA, Morizono K. Comparison of multilineage cells from human adipose tissue and bone marrow. Cells Tissue Organs 2003;174:101-109
2. Cu L, Yin S, Yang P, et al. Human adipose derived stem cells suppress lymphocyte proliferation induced by cellular or non specific mitogenic stimuli. Natlmed J China 2005;85(27):1890-1894
3. Safford KM, Hicok KC, Safford SD，et al．Neurogenic differentiation of murine and human adipose-derived stromal cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 2002; 294(2):371-379
SOURCE ReLife International Medical Center