Adlucent Drives Record Holiday Performance for Retailers through Cyber Monday
- Revenue from paid search outpaces overall online revenue growth as online shopping booms
- Adlucent clients achieve 72% year-over-year revenue increase with 18% increase in spend on Black Friday; 41% revenue increase with 19% increase in spend on Cyber Monday
AUSTIN, Texas, Nov. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Holiday 2012 is off to a tremendous start for online retail. According to comScore, holiday shoppers spent a record $1 billion online on Black Friday (up 28% from 2011) and nearly $1.5 billion online on Cyber Monday (up 17% from 2011) in the heaviest online shopping day in history. And the season is even sweeter for Adlucent clients who have embraced predictive technologies and new ad units such as Product Listing Ads (PLAs) to drive unprecedented holiday revenue growth through paid search.
Adlucent today announced that its clients are achieving record performance from their paid search program as holiday shoppers head online to research and buy. Across its client base, year-over-year revenue skyrocketed 72% on Black Friday with an 18% increase in spend. On Cyber Monday, year-over-year revenue surged 41% while spend increased by 19%. Across the board, retailers saw significant returns from the quick, effective integration of Product Listing Ads into the paid search mix as Google Shopping helped drive new revenue records and "Best Day Evers" for Adlucent's retail clients of all sizes.
"Holiday is the time of year when most retailers see their highest conversion rates and search volume," said Michael Griffin, founder and CTO of Adlucent. "The stakes are high, and the scale amplifies every challenge and opportunity. Over the past year, we have relentlessly innovated our Deep Search® platform in anticipation of this season, including expanding into areas such as re-marketing, mobile ad management and Google Product Listing Ads to meet accelerated client demand. The result is the absolute best in performance for our clients at the most critical time of the year."
Adlucent has more than 10 years of experience in performance marketing and retail analytics for innovative retail brands such as Oriental Trading Company, Buy.com, Harry & David, Jewelry Television, and Free People. Based on this unequaled retail expertise, Adlucent has identified the following strategies as keys to Holiday 2012:
- Constantly monitor performance to daily goals: Determine where the performance changes are happening and react quickly to maximize profitable revenue.
- Maximize conversion rate: CVRs rise quickly and dramatically, so daily bid management needs to be aggressive and nimble to anticipate and react to positive and negative CVR changes.
- Elevate optimization opportunities: Custom client holiday dashboards allow retailers to monitor keywords relative to their prior performance, as track average keyword position, product inventory (especially for high performing products), negative profit queries, and utilize dynamic segmentation to quickly view performance of standard and custom product/keyword segments.
Adlucent is a marketing technology and analytics company based in Austin, Texas, focusing solely on retail and eCommerce companies. Leveraging its Deep Search® search marketing and retail analytics platform, Adlucent's experts help the smartest retailers acquire new customers and grow revenue profitably through digital marketing. Expanding from a decade-long relationship with Amazon.com, Adlucent's current client base includes innovative retail brands such as Oriental Trading Company, Buy.com, Harry & David, Jewelry Television, and Free People.