NEW YORK, Dec. 13, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Updated in the last quarter, this report has been extracted from QUBE and provides a comprehensive overview of the emerging light vehicle engine technologies required to meet CO2 and fuel economy mandates, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts.
Based on exclusive interviews, primary research and proprietary data this engine technologies global market study includes:
- Diesel and gasoline, fuel injection system and forced induction fitment and size data for the top 14* markets
- A review of the latest technological developments and market trends in engine technology (combustion strategies such as: Atkinson cycle; HCCI/CAI; lean burn; variable compression ratio and stratified charge). Also: fuel injection system developments; effects of downsizing and downspeeding; kinetic and thermal energy recovery; forced induction; engine material developments; variable valve actuation; alternatives to the internal combustion engine and alternative fuels such as hydrogen and CNG.
- Regional engine supplier market share data tables and commentary
- Exclusive interviews with OE engine technology suppliers including Tenneco, Zircotec, Federal Mogul, Delphi, Nemak and Kolbenschmidt (news and interviews only available in QUBE)
- A sector PESTER analysis
- Updated profiles of the major engine technology suppliers including their strategies and prospects