LONDON, April 6, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- "Increasing global energy demand, government mandates and compliances related to energy conservations are expected to drive the AMI market"
The AMI market size is estimated to grow from USD 10.06 billion in 2015 to USD 19.52 billion by 2020, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 14.2%. There is a persistent rise in global energy usage as Energy Information Administration (EIA) projects that global energy consumption will increase to 56% by 2040. Rapid industrialization in emerging economies such India and China have compelled the energy demand to accelerate in these regions. Also, turmoil in the Middle-East, political conflicts and overconsumption of energy are some of the reasons that act as a catalyst to the rising energy demand. Moreover, rising demand for energy has compelled utilities to upgrade the electric and distribution network, thereby, driving the adoption of AMI systems.
"Meter Communication Infrastructure (MCI) solution is expected to gain maximum traction during the forecast period"
In 2015, MCI solution accounts the highest market share in AMI market, by solution during the forecast period. Moreover, the penetration rate for MDM solution is also gaining traction which is the central point of integration for AMI system with in the utility companies. Whereas, meter deployment services are expected to grow at the highest CAGR from 2015 to 2020. However, system integration services are expected to hold the highest market share during the forecast period.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and sub-segments gathered through secondary research, extensive primary interviews were conducted with key industry personnel. The break-up of profile of primary discussion participants is given below.
- By Company Type: Tier-1 (20%), Tier-2 (40%), and Tier-3 (40%) companies
- By Designation: C-level (70%), Director Level (20%), and other executive level (10%)
- By Region: North America (60%), Europe (30%), and Asia-Pacific (APAC) (10%)
The major trends in the smart meter segment include smart devices, Internet of Things (IoT), meter data analytics, and AMI security. The availability of cloud deployment options for AMI has further boosted the demand for AMI solutions across the utility sector. Therefore, AMI security and meter data analytics are the upcoming focus for the AMI market.
The various key AMI vendors profiled in the report are as follows:
1. Aclara Technologies LLC
2. CISCO Systems Inc.
3. Elster Group SE
4. General Electric
5. IBM Corporation
6. Itron Inc.
7. Schneider Electric SE
9. Trilliant Inc.
10. Teito Corporation
The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
1. This report segments the AMI market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall market and the sub segments across different verticals and regions.
2. The report helps the stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provides them information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
3. This report will help the stakeholders to better understand the competitors and gain more insights to better their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes competitor ecosystem, new product developments, partnerships, mergers, and acquisitions.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3508684/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/advanced-metering-infrastructure-market-by-devices-solutions-services-by-regions---global-forecast-to-2020-300247431.html