NEW YORK, Aug. 19, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Adweek, the leading resource for news and commentary covering media, marketing and advertising, today announced its 2015 Brand Genius honorees. Now in its 26th year, Adweek's Brand Genius celebrates the best and brightest minds in marketing across ten distinct categories. The 2015 award show, sponsored by Oracle Marketing Cloud, will take place on Tuesday, October 20 at Gustavino's in New York.
Adweek's Brand Geniuses represent the leading thinkers of the marketing world whose creative vision, innovative marketing tactics and dynamic leadership has been instrumental in launching, reinvigorating, or expanding a brand. This year's Brand Genius honorees, as chosen by Adweek's panel of industry experts and senior editors, are:
- Under Armour, Adam Peake, Executive Vice President of Global Marketing (Apparel)
- Lego Systems, Michael Moynihan, Vice President of Marketing (Toys)
- Always, Michèle Baeten, Associate Brand Director (CPG / Personal Care)
- Gatorade, Morgan Flatley, Chief Marketing Officer (Beverages, Non-alcoholic)
- Patrón Spirits, Lee Applbaum, Global Chief Marketing Officer (Spirits)
- Mondelēz International, Gary Osifchin, Portfolio Lead, Biscuits – North America (CPG / Food)
- SoulCycle, Elizabeth Cutler and Julie Rice, Co-Founders (Fitness)
- Delta Air Lines, Tim Mapes, Senior Vice President of Marketing (Travel)
- Jaguar North America, Kim McCullough, Vice President, Marketing (Automotive)
- E! Entertainment and Esquire Network, Jen Neal, Executive Vice President of Marketing (Media)
"Adweek's storied franchise continues with a new class representative of the inventive, daring and industry-changing marketing we witnessed this year," said James Cooper, Editorial Director, Adweek. "All were industry leaders and deserve to be recognized for their efforts."
Each honoree will be on hand to accept their award and will be profiled in Adweek's dedicated Brand Genius Issue (October 19) and on Adweek.com. During the ceremony, Adweek will also select one Genius whose exemplary achievements are in a category of his or her own as Grand Brand Genius.
"Marketers around the world face an increasingly complex balancing act and it's important to step back and celebrate the great work that is being done," said Andrea Ward, Vice President, Marketing, Oracle Marketing Cloud. "By partnering with Adweek on Brand Genius, we are able to extend our commitment to helping brands increase engagement, conversation and ROI by showcasing the work of some of the most successful marketers in the world."
Last year, Brand Genius honorees included Paul Crandell, Vice President of Marketing, GoPro; Shane Smith, Co-Founder & CEO, Vice Media; Camille Gibson, Vice President, Marketing Business Unit Director, General Mills; Trudy Hardy, Vice President of Marketing, BMW of North America; and Dana White, President, UFC.
Adweek is a leading resource for news and commentary covering all aspects of media, marketing and advertising. In print and online, Adweek features industry coverage and analysis from top reporters along with perspective from thought leaders. Every year, Adweek recognizes those who shape the media culture with editorial franchise awards, honors and live events. In 2015, Adweek announced the Adweek Blog Network, containing specialized industry blogs as a part of the content platform.
About Mediabistro Holdings, LLC.
Mediabistro Holdings, LLC. is a group of industry-leading brands in the global media and creative landscape. It consists of Adweek, The CLIO Awards, Mediabistro and FilmExpoGroup. Mediabistro Holdings, LLC. remains a subsidiary of the Prometheus Global Media platform, alongside sister brands The Hollywood Reporter and Billboard.
Contact: Kaitlyn Kurosky HIGH10 MEDIA 212 918 2040 email@example.com