Adyen Passes $10 Billion Milestone in Payment Transactions Processed Leading Global Payments Company Experiences 58% Revenue Growth, 55% New Customer Growth, and 300% Growth in Mobile Payments in 2012
BOSTON, Jan. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Adyen, the global payments solutions company, today announced that the company achieved record growth in 2012 in terms of revenue, transactions processed, mobile payments and new customer wins. Adyen supports the online and mobile commerce of more than 2,500 merchants, including Vodafone, Mango, KLM Airlines, Badoo, Getty Images, MusicNotes, Greenpeace, PopCap Games and others.
In 2012, Adyen processed more than $10 billion in payments transactions worldwide, an increase of 35% over 2011. Mobile payments on the Adyen platform increased 300% in 2012, representing 10.5% of total transactions – up from 3.5% at the end of 2011. This substantial growth in transactions was driven by a 55% increase in new customers worldwide and significant organic growth of existing customers. These factors combined led to an impressive 58% increase in revenue over last year, continuing Adyen's trend of double-digit annual growth it has experienced since 2007.
"As digital commerce continues to evolve and expand beyond borders and traditional channels, merchants are demanding more from their payment solution providers than mere transaction processing," said Pieter van der Does, CEO of Adyen. "Adyen's outstanding growth exemplifies the value that Adyen brings to merchants around the world – cutting-edge technologies and customized solutions; unparalleled domain expertise and customer support; merchant-friendly business practices; and a proven ability to significantly increase conversions and revenue."
New customers that signed on with Adyen in 2012 include Crocs, Benetton, Soundcloud, Superdry, and many others. Adyen North America, one of the company's fastest-growing regions, experienced a more than 70% increase in new customers in 2012, signing deals with JustFab, Motley Fool, Kachingle, Elance, Entrust, and others.
"Adyen's North American business has prospered because we give U.S. merchants the payments solutions, customer support and market intelligence they need to rapidly and successfully expand their operations overseas, or to take full advantage of emerging sales channels such as mobile," said Peter Caparso, President – Adyen North America. "We believe 2013 is going to be an outstanding year for Adyen North America, as merchants continue to seek out our expertise to help them attract new audiences, expand into new sales channels and find ways to increase revenue and lower costs."
Other 2012 company milestones, new offerings and growth indicators include:
- Opened new offices in San Francisco, London, Paris and Stockholm and hired 35 employees.
- Added 27 new preferred local payment methods including Nordea, SEB and BankAxess (Northern Europe); Trustpay (Eastern Europe); Click and Buy and Ukash (Europe); Qiwi, Yandex and WebMoney (Russia); Cashu (Middle East); China Union Pay (China); Samsung Card (South Korea); and Konbini (Japan); bringing the total number of supported payment methods to 217.
- Signed on several new payment acquiring partners, including Bank of America (USA), Wirecard (Europe), Santander (Brazil), and Credit Europe Bank (Russia) to increase its credit and debit card processing capabilities, bringing the total number of acquiring partners to 87.
- Launched Adyen Payment Acquiring, which enables merchants to connect directly to the MasterCard, Visa and other payment networks through Adyen.
- Launched 'Shuttle,' a fully EMV-compliant mobile POS device that enables anyone to accept both Chip & PIN and mag swipe cards in combination with a smartphone or tablet. Shuttle is currently available in Europe, with additional roll-out to other regions planned in 2013.
Headquartered in Amsterdam, with offices in Boston, San Francisco, London, Paris, Sao Paolo and Singapore, Adyen is the leading provider of global Internet payment solutions for large international merchants. Adyen's innovative Internet Payment Solution, built on over 15 years of industry experience, enables merchants to significantly increase online conversion by optimizing the payment process, while mitigating fraud and risk. It currently supports more than 200 payment methods, 187 transaction currencies and 14 settlement currencies used on six continents. Since its launch in 2006, the company has enjoyed double-digit year-over-year growth and achieved profitability in 36 months. Adyen works with many global customers including but not limited to Getty Images, KLM, PopCap Games, Greenpeace, and Vodafone. For more information, please visit www.adyen.com.
Sparkpr for Adyen