LOS ANGELES, Aug. 8, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Building on its leadership position and unparalleled experience, AEG Facilities, a division of AEG, the world's leading sports and entertainment company, announced today the launch of AEG Facilities Global Solutions, a new division that provides comprehensive management and planning services to sports and entertainment facilities worldwide. The stand-alone division offers a full scope of customized solutions designed for owners and operators that are considering opening a new venue, as well as those already operating a facility. The group provides fully-integrated solutions and tailored packages of services that include pre-construction and pre-opening planning, vendor selection, sponsorship and premium seating, financial modeling, operational and sustainability planning and risk management, procurement and safety and security assessments, among others.
"Our unmatched global experience in developing, owning and managing leading facilities uniquely equips us to meet the increasingly complex requirements of designing, constructing, operating and managing theaters, arenas, convention centers and stadiums," said Bob Newman, President, AEG Facilities. "The decision to launch AEG Facilities Global Solutions is in direct response to market demand and perfectly complements our core business. Our proven and proprietary solutions and services are designed to improve operational performance and can be customized to fit a client's specific needs and budgets. We can draw on our successful track record worldwide and our wide range of in-house skills and experience in order to deliver venues that are cost-effective to build, economically sustainable to operate and optimize the revenue generation potential of each facility.
Newman also announced that the company has promoted industry veteran Jay Cooper to Sr. Vice President, AEG Facilities, who will lead the new division as Managing Director effective immediately. With more than 34 years of experience in venue management, Cooper brings extensive expertise as a facilities' development executive having led numerous projects around the world through planning, construction and operational stages.
"Without a doubt, Jay Cooper is the ideal executive to operate AEG Facilities Global Solutions," said Newman. "His vast industry experience and technical skills will enable us to leverage AEG's extensive and multi-disciplinary services and solutions and turn a client's vision into a venue that accommodates the evolving needs of teams, audiences and artists alike."
AEG Facilities Global Solutions consults on the design, construction and renovation of venues across all sectors – from multi-purpose sports and entertainment arenas and stadiums to conference and exhibition centers. The division provides valuable and cost-saving pre-construction services including design analysis, district master planning, program development and operator input toward the assessment process to hire architects, general contractor and construction management among other critical positions. The group also provides detailed insight into the selection of staffing needs and training in areas such as housekeeping, security, ticketing, guest services, repairs and maintenance, contracted services and food & beverage providers.
"What sets AEG apart is our incredible library of resources and our strong commitment to ensuring that our decisions drive positive returns over the long term. Through AEG Facilities Global Solutions, we are fully committed to bringing those resources to our partners through customized plans to help optimize all aspects of venue operations," said Cooper. "From the early design phases through the grand opening and beyond, AEG Facilities Global Solutions has a solution and the expertise to insure a successful project. I look forward to working with current and new client-partners to activate the many benefits of AEG to create the most profitable and successful solution for each project."
Clients of AEG Facilities Services will benefit from AEG's complete roster of signature developed initiatives including:
- AEG ENERGY SERVICES which develops operating practices for energy efficiency, deploys energy efficient technology, and deploys on-site renewable generation technologies for venues;
- AEG 1EARTH corporate environmental sustainability program which identifies goals to guide venue decision-making measures and quantifies the environmental impact of operations while developing strategies and tools to improve the environmental performance of the facility;
- AEG GLOBAL PARTNERSHIPS, which oversees worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships;
- AEG ENCORE, guest service training to provide the framework to train every level of the guest services management and staff to deliver exceptional service for guests while supporting the culture and priorities of each individual venue;
- AEG S.A.F.E., an award-winning program designed to develop venue security plans to provide a safe environment for guests and staff while mitigating and managing risks for venues and events;
- AEG 1SOURCE, a program which utilizes a supplier relationship management platform to use the power of bulk purchasing from approved quality vendors to maintain capital assets and ensure excellent maintenance with approved products at bulk rates;
- AEG REAL ESTATE, which develops and enhances thru master planning services and strategic enhancement of existing assets including world-class venues, as well as major sports and entertainment districts;
- AEG GLOBAL SUPPORT SERVICES, helping ownership evaluate and create an overall business structure and staffing plans including hiring and training of human resources, IT, payroll and compensation departments as well as front and back of house event services departments and staff
- AEG ASSET MANAGEMENT, designed to ensure operational efficiency and longevity of the owner's capital assets while ensuring a clean and well maintained environment;
- AEG 1FORCE, which focuses on local hiring initiatives as well as minority hiring goals and programs designed to increase community satisfaction and the facility's reputation;
- And AEG 1COMMUNITY, whose mission is to create localized, signature community programs to help improve the quality of life for children and families in the vicinity of the venue, often focusing on K-12 education, community and economic development, health and social services, and music and art education for youth.
About AEG Facilities
AEG, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Anschutz Company, is the leading sports and live entertainment company in the world. AEG Facilities, a stand-alone division of AEG, and its affiliates owns, operates or consults with more than 120 of the industry's preeminent venues worldwide, across five continents, providing complete venue management, as well as specialized programs in operations, guest services, ticketing, booking, sales and marketing. AEG Facilities also provides resources and access to other AEG-affiliated entities, including AEG Live, one of the largest live music companies in the world, AEG Global Partnerships and AEG Real Estate, as well as such industry leading programs as AEG 1Earth and AEG Encore to support the success of its venues across the globe. The Los Angeles-based organization owns, operates or provides services to the world's most elite venues, including STAPLES Center and Microsoft Theater (Los Angeles, CA), StubHub Center (Carson, CA), Sprint Center (Kansas City, MO.), Valley View Casino Center (San Diego, CA), KFC Yum! Center (Louisville, KY.), AmericanAirlines Arena (Miami, Fla.), Prudential Center (Newark, N.J.), Barclays Arena (Brooklyn, N.Y.), Target Center (Minneapolis, MN), Oracle Arena and O.co Coliseum (Oakland, CA), CONSOL Energy Center (Pittsburgh, PA), Mercedes-Benz Arena (Shanghai, China), MasterCard Center (Beijing, China), The O2 Arena (London, England), Mercedes-Benz Arena (Berlin, Germany), Barclaycard Arena (Hamburg, Germany), AccorHotels Arena (Paris, France), SSE Hydro (Glasgow, UK), Qudos Bank Arena (Sydney, Australia), Perth Arena (Perth, Australia), Ericsson Globe Arena (Stockholm, Sweden), Los Angeles Convention Center (Los Angeles, Calif.), Hawaii Convention Center (Honolulu, HI), Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre (Brisbane, Australia), International Convention Centre (Sydney, Australia) and the Oman Convention and Exhibition Center (Muscat, Oman). For more information, please visit aegworldwide.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/aeg-facilities-launches-global-solutions-division-300310263.html