Aeromexico Reports Second Quarter 2014 Results
MEXICO CITY, July 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Grupo Aeromexico S.A.B. de C.V. ("Aeromexico") (BMV: AEROMEX), the largest airline in Mexico, today reported its unaudited consolidated results for the second quarter 2014.
KEY FINANCIAL HIGHLIGHTS FOR THE SECOND QUARTER 2014
- Grupo Aeromexico reported total revenues of $10.36 billion pesos; a 9.0% year-on-year increase.
- Second quarter 2014 cost of available seat kilometers (CASK) in pesos excluding fuel, decreased by 3.0%, year-on-year, despite a 4.0% depreciation of the Mexican peso relative to the US dollar during the quarter. CASK excluding fuel, expressed in US dollars, decreased by 8.1%, year-on-year. This is the sixth consecutive quarter that Grupo Aeromexico has successfully reduced its CASK excluding fuel.
- The cost of fuel increased by 6.9% in the second quarter 2014 as compared to the same period of 2013, which translated into an additional $225 million dollars in cost pressure.
- EBITDAR reached $1.72 billion pesos with a 16.6% margin, while adjusted EBITDAR reached $1.810 billion pesos with a 17.5% margin.
- Second quarter 2014 operating profit reached $202 million pesos with a $89 million peso net loss.
- Grupo Aeromexico retired three aircraft under lease agreements from its fleet during the second quarter of 2014: one B 737-700 and two E-145. The Company added two B 787-8 and four E-190, also under lease agreement.
- Second quarter 2014 load factor reached 79.3%; a year-on-year increase of 3.4 percentage point increase.
To access the full text of this earnings release, please visit our Investor Relations website at: http://www.aeromexico.com/investors/welcome.html
Grupo Aeromexico will hold its second quarter 2014 results conference call on Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at 11:00 am U.S. ET (10:00 am Mexico City Time). The conference call can be accessed by dialing US/International: +1 (719) 325-2303 or Mexico: 001 (800) 514-5956 and entering Call ID: 5709135.
Safe Harbor Statement
This release contains forward-looking statements regarding the Company's results and business prospects. The readers should know that the results obtained may differ from that stated on this release. Past performances do not guarantee the behavior of future performances. The Company undertakes no obligation to update any of these statements, either as a result of new information, future actions or other related events.
About Grupo Aeromexico
Grupo Aeromexico, S.A.B. de C.V. is a holding company whose subsidiaries are engaged in commercial aviation in Mexico and the promotion of passenger loyalty programs. Aeromexico, the largest airline in Mexico, operates more than 600 daily flights from its main hub in Terminal 2 at the Mexico City International Airport. Its destinations network features more than 80 cities on three continents, including 47 destinations in Mexico, 17 in the United States, 12 in Latin America, three in Europe, two in Asia and one in Canada.
The Group's fleet of more than 115 aircraft is comprised of Boeing 787, 777, 767 and 737 jet airliners and next generation Embraer 145, 170, 175 and 190 models. In 2012, the airline announced the most significant investment strategy in aviation history in Mexico, to purchase 100 Boeing aircraft including 90 MAX B737 jet airliners and 10 B787-9 Dreamliners.
As a founding member of the SkyTeam airline alliance, Aeromexico offers customers 1,000 destinations in 178 countries served by the 19 SkyTeam airline partners rewarding passengers with benefits including access to 530 premium airport lounges around the world. Aeromexico also offers travel on its codeshare partner flights with Delta Air Lines, Alaska Airlines, Avianca, LAN, TACA and TAM with extensive connectivity in countries like the United States, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia and Peru. www.aeromexico.com www.skyteam.com
SOURCE Grupo Aeromexico S.A.B. de C.V.