Aerospace and Defense Awards: Eight Program Leaders Honored by Aviation Week Program Excellence Awards showcase innovation in performance, technology, products and processes
PHOENIX, Nov. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Penton's Aviation Week has named the winners of the 2013 Program Excellence Awards, identifying eight top-performing aerospace and defense (A&D) programs at Boeing, Lockheed Martin and Northrop Grumman as the leaders in their fields. As the industry's preeminent honor for strong program performers with innovative ideas, technologies and process improvements, the awards were announced at a gala dinner on November 14, during the Aviation Week A&D Programs Conference in Phoenix.
"Aviation Week is committed to identifying and celebrating some of the outstanding innovations of our time," said Greg Hamilton, president, Aviation Week. "These program teams have demonstrated years of solid performance, innovative leadership and attention to cost, schedule, requirements and reliability. Aviation Week is proud to honor their essential efforts."
Winners were selected based on a multi-tiered evaluation by program-leadership experts who judged value, leadership, performance and other criteria. Sixty programs were considered, and eight programs won.
- Winner, Sub-System Research and Development/System Design and Development– Northrop Grumman Advanced Extremely High Frequency Space Vehicle Payloads. Stuart Linsky, Northrop Grumman and Mark Calassa, Lockheed Martin, program leaders.
- Winner, Sub-System Sustainment– Lockheed Martin Integrated Space Command and Control (ISC2), Scott Norr, Lockheed Martin and COL Shaun Stuger, Chief, Space C2 and Surveillance Division, AFLCMC/HBQ, Peterson Air Force Base, program leaders.
- Winner, Special Projects– Northrop Grumman Space Tracking and Surveillance System-Demonstration (STSS-D), Rob Zmarzlak, Northrop Grumman and Walter S. Chai, Director, Space Systems, Missile Defense Agency, program leaders.
- Winner, System Level Production–Boeing P-8A Multi-Mission Maritime Airplane, Richard Heerdt, Boeing; CDR Tony Rossi, P-8A Poseidon Deputy Program Manager; and Scott Dillon, Maritime Patrol & Reconnaissance Aircraft Program Manager, program leaders.
- Winner, System Level Research and Development/System Design & Development– Northrop Grumman Unmanned Combat Air System Demonstration (X-47B), Tim Kesecker and David Corbeil, Northrop Grumman and CAPT Jaime Engdahl, Navy UCAS Program Manager (PMA-286), program leaders.
In addition to recognizing finalists and winners, the Program Excellence Awards judging identifies best practices and lessons to be shared across the industry through webinars, forums and conferences. A full list of winners, finalists, best practices and photos will be included in the November 25 issue of Aviation Week & Space Technology.
The Program Excellence Awards are sponsored by BAE Systems, Boeing, Honeywell Aerospace, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, and Rockwell Collins.
About Aviation Week:
Aviation Week is the largest multimedia information and services provider for the global aviation, aerospace and defense industries. Industry professionals rely on Aviation Week for analysis, marketing and intelligence. Customers include the world's leading manufacturers, suppliers, airlines, militaries, governments and other organizations that serve this global market. Aviation Week produces data and analytics services including the Aviation Week Intelligence Network (AWIN), industry-leading events around the world, as well as ShowNews and Business & Commercial Aviation.
For millions of business owners and decision-makers, Penton makes the difference every day. We engage our professional users by providing actionable ideas and insights, data and workflow tools, community and networking, both in person and virtually, all with deep relevance to their specific industries. We then activate this engagement by connecting users with tens of thousands of targeted providers of products and services to help drive business growth. Learn more about our company at www.penton.com.