HANOVER, Md., Feb. 19, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Aerotek® Inc., a leading provider of scientific, technical and engineering recruiting and staffing services, today announced its sponsorship of the 30th Annual Black Engineer of the Year Awards (BEYA) Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Conference in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. This conference recognizes the achievements of diverse STEM students and professionals from around the country during three days of networking, workshops, seminars and collaborative learning.
This year marks the 11th consecutive year that Aerotek will serve as a key sponsor and participant at BEYA. Highlights include:
- Modern Day Technology Leader – Two employees from Aerotek and EASi, an Aerotek subsidiary providing engineering support services, are being honored as Modern Day Technology Leaders, an award recognizing women and men who are shaping the future of engineering, science and technology. The two recipients receiving honors include Ejay Eze, biomedical engineer with Aerotek; and Mohammad Faizan Azam, project engineer designer with EASi.
- Aerotek and EASi Signature Seminar – Aerotek and EASi will host a Signature Seminar titled Embedded Systems: Future Trends, Employer Expectations and How Aerotek and EASi are Helping to Connect the Dots. The panel will feature industry subject matter experts, including EASi Vice President John Ambrose.
- Educational Seminar Speakers – Aerotek and EASi leaders will participate on panels covering timely topics and events, including:
- Inclusion in Action – Meghan Kahn, manager of Diversity & Inclusion at Aerotek, will join top leaders in discussing roadmaps for success.
- Veterans Transition Initiative – Dave Majerowicz, former USAF and director of business development at Aerotek, will participate on a panel focused on veterans' opportunities in business entrepreneurship.
- Global and Virtual Leaders – Hushedar Mehta, executive director of EASi, will lead a seminar on increasing performance and relationships for virtual and remote teams.
- Set Off Your Career – Andrew Gaudy, on premise recruiter at Aerotek, will share tips for flawless presentations and effective interviews.
- Student Leadership Awards – Shelton Guinn, executive director of Human Resources at Aerotek, will give opening remarks at the Student Leadership Awards.
- BEYA Gala – Dave Veres, executive director of Government Services at Aerotek, will deliver opening remarks at the closing BEYA Gala.
The 2016 BEYA STEM conference will take place February 18 – 20 at the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown. As the largest U.S. engineering, clinical and scientific staffing firm, according to Staffing Industry Analysts, Aerotek was recently recognized in Inavero's Best of Staffing® Client and Talent Awards. To learn more about Aerotek, visit Aerotek.com.
Aerotek, headquartered in Hanover, Md., is a leading provider of technical, professional and industrial staffing services. Established in 1983, Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, the largest provider of staffing services in the U.S. Aerotek operates a network of more than 200 non-franchised offices throughout the U.S., Canada and Europe. For more information, visit Aerotek.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/aerotek-sponsors-beya-stem-conference-for-11th-consecutive-year-300223072.html