AFA's 2012 Global Warfare Symposium Offers Professional Development Training, Qualifies for Continuous Learning Points (CLPs)
Please Note: Symposium registration fees are waived for a class consisting of all DoD civilian employees and all uniformed military personnel.
ARLINGTON, Va., Nov. 1, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Air Force Association's 2012 Global Warfare Symposium is the one-of-a-kind professional development event with a two-day agenda of speaker sessions and panels addressing today's challenges in air, space and cyber. AFA is proud to announce that the Air Force has made conference sessions eligible for Continuous Learning Points for personnel required to maintain professional currency in their acquisition specialty area by meeting DoD and AF Continuous Learning standards. With the conference fees now waived for DoD civilian employees and all uniformed military personnel, the Global Warfare Symposium is a great venue for professional development training as conference attendees have access to Air Force leadership, industry experts, academia and specialists from around the world, providing insight and direction.
Speaker Highlights Include:
- Secretary of the Air Force Michael Donley
- General William Shelton, Commander, Air Force Space Command
- Lt General Ellen Pawlikowski, Commander, Space and Missile Systems Center
- Lt General Larry D. James, Deputy Chief of Staff for Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance
- Dr. Adam Grissom, Senior Political Scientist for RAND
- Dr. Benjamin Lambeth, Senior Fellow at the Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments
- Dr. Jamie Morin, Acting Under Secretary of the Air Force
The full conference agenda can be found here.
The 2012 Global Warfare Symposium will be held November 15-16, 2012, at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza Hotel in Los Angeles. Begin planning now to attend! Advance registration is available here.
[Personnel can earn 0.5 points per hour, maximum of four points per day and 20 points per year for Symposia/Conference Attendance. Please contact the Air Force Acquisition Training Office for further guidance. However, other Services must contact their acquisitions departments to see if attendance at AFA's Global Warfare Symposium fulfills their qualifications.]
The Air Force Association is a non-profit, independent, professional military and aerospace education association. Our mission is to promote a dominant United States Air Force and a strong national defense, and to honor Airmen and our Air Force Heritage. To accomplish this, we:
- EDUCATE the public on the critical need for unmatched aerospace power and a technically superior workforce to ensure U.S. national security.
- ADVOCATE for aerospace power and STEM education.
- SUPPORT the Total Air Force family and promote aerospace education.
AFA has 200 chapters nationally and internationally representing more than 108,000 members. Visit AFA on the internet at www.afa.org.
SOURCE Air Force Association
More by this Source
AFA Announces the 2013 Spring Pitsenbarger Award Recipients
Jun 13, 2013, 11:41 ET
Chief of Staff of the U.S. Air Force to Speak at AFA's Air Force Breakfast on June 17
Jun 12, 2013, 08:00 ET
AFA's Wounded Airman Program Gets Support from 2013 Air Force Association Cycling Classic
Jun 11, 2013, 09:26 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.