AFA's 2013 Air Warfare Symposium Explores Challenges of the Air Force in Today's Fiscal Environment
ARLINGTON, Va., Jan. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Air Force Association is pleased to confirm that the Secretary of the Air Force and Under Secretary of the Air Force have approved Air Force participation in AFA's 29th Annual Air Warfare Symposium and Technology Exposition, February 20-22, 2013.
The conference will once again be held at the Rosen Shingle Creek Hotel in Orlando, Florida. Themed "Airmen, Mission, and Innovation," this unique event brings together Air Force leadership, industry experts, academia and current event specialists from around the world to discuss the issues and challenges facing America and the aerospace community today. Invited to the event are high-level speakers from both the Air Force and the Department of Defense.
Expect two days of forums and panels on relevant topics, including:
- Air Force Update by General Mark Welsh, Chief of Staff of the Air Force
- Projecting Effective Power in an Era of Decreased Resources
- Sustaining Global Presence with Diminishing Assets
- Sustaining the Fleet into the 2020s
- AirSea Battle
- Quadrennial Defense Review
AFA's Technology Exposition will allow attendees to discover 50,000 square feet of the most exciting aerospace exhibits assembled to display and demonstrate the most current developments in aerospace technology and education.
This annual event is a great opportunity to network with colleagues, Air Force leadership, guest speakers, and professionals and pioneers from the industry.
Registration details can be found here. Note: Symposium registration fees are waived for a class consisting of all Department of Defense civilian employees and all uniformed military personnel.
The Air Force Association is a non-profit, independent, professional military and aerospace education association. Our mission is to promote a dominant United States Air Force and a strong national defense, and to honor Airmen and our Air Force Heritage. To accomplish this, we:
- EDUCATE the public on the critical need for unmatched aerospace power and a technically superior workforce to ensure U.S. national security.
- ADVOCATE for aerospace power and STEM education.
- SUPPORT the Total Air Force family and promote aerospace education.
AFA has 200 chapters nationally and internationally representing more than 105,000 members. Visit AFA at www.afa.org.
SOURCE Air Force Association